Chapter 5

Chapter 5
A Futile Errand
&
The Sons of Peredhil

Chapter 5A Futile Errand&The Sons of Peredhil

2933 TA. March 8th.
Eastern Eriador.
The Elven Kingdom of Imladris
Rivendell﴿

They came swiftly across the bridge, through the halls, and into the courtyard. The ñoldor: A small, well-armored battalion of elves, comprising archers, scouts, and swordsmen. At the precedence was the greatest of these, Lord Elrond seated likewise upon a strong imperial steed. In succession, they lunged their horses, albeit no line was necessary to direct these stallions as they cantered in a circle. In the time it took for the small throng to come to a halt, Elrond had dismounted his horse and crossed the expanse of the courtyard.

From the main house he came, descending the sweeping stone-wrought stairs. Lindir. The right hand of Lord Elrond. An elf of Imladris.

He was tall. His raven tresses spanned past the measure of his shoulders. His skin was unblemished and elven-fair. The stain of his eyes was a difficult thing to decipher, dark, yet not unkind. The bones of his cheeks were sharp, as was his nose. His lips were thin and taut, yet when he smiled, a warmth far more radiant than the morning sun splayed across his face. Upon his head, he adorned a nearly blackened circlet, wrought in the likeness of branches belonging to tupelo trees. They swathed about one another, coming to a spire like that of a steel spear between his eyes. His garb was fine, a long velvet vest, stained in a rich color like that of a red wine. Beneath he wore a floor length tunic, an intermingling of iridescent hues, prussian and plum.

Upon his breast, he laid his hand, and in one fluid movement he extended it whilst bowing his head as he spoke. "Hîr Nín Elrond, dandol!" ﴾my Lord Elrond, you have returned﴿

"Î, nara min, ias Alabẙran Adwarin?" ﴾indeed, tell me, where is Alabẙran Adwarin﴿

"Së hadh vi, nimmid ellur sammath!" ﴾he resides within, the white council chambers﴿ Elrond nodded as he swiftly strode past Lindir toward the chambers.

It was a cylindrical colonnade, wrought upon the precipice of a high cliff. Below spilled forth a resplendent scene of sparkling rapids. Mist swathed about the air like a satin scarf, swimming amidst the sea. The white noise bequeathed by the billowing waterfall was both lulling and serene. With it came the canorous chorus of robins, sparrows, thrushes, warblers, and waxwings.

Scattered amidst the cliffs and along the crescent- curved stone steps leading to the council chambers flourished vast arrays of foliage, plants and trees of varying shades. The air smelt clean and crisp, like freshly fallen rain.

The intricately carved columns stood erect, in a likeness that brought to mind the unwavering stance of Lord Elrond's finest soldiers. They apportioned large open archways that led into the chambers. Stacked about the latter was a secondary tier of substantially smaller arches, and atop that, the most magnificent dome you would ever see! The intricate lattice stonework was a dazzling display. In the center was a hexadic pointed star, surrounded by large leaves. Within the inner portion appeared long, intertwining vines.