Say The Words and I'm Yours

//AN// This is a real angsty one, you guys, get ready. 

He saved her. Neil had saved her. She had no idea where she would be without him, and she was forever thankful for that. It had definitely also helped them built their friendship. 

Friendship, ha. Not the word she wanted to use to describe them. They were friends, or so they told themselves. 

Claire was on the brink of losing it. She had admitted to her therapist a couple of weeks ago that she thought she was in love with her boss, but since her feelings had only escalated. 

While she managed to stay professional, she could not ignore the faster rhythm of her heart when he was looking at her in the OR or simply standing beside her as they discussed a case. Not to talk about the inappropriate thoughts she had unwillingly had about him and his fingers when they were alone in the elevator. 

But most of all she was comfortable around him. She had shared a lot about her past with him, and he comforted her, made her laugh easily, and joked with him. 

Maybe she was crazy. Maybe she was an idiot. But, sometimes, she thought he might be feeling the same thing. It was the way his hand brushed hers more often than it needed to, and the running together that turned into bowling, coffee, dinners, and eventually movie nights. 

She knew it would be complicated for them as she was still his resident, and he was her superior, but her romantic feelings had pushed any rational thoughts about it away. She also had two months left of her residency. Two months. Soon, he would not be her superior anymore. 

"Do you like tiramisu?" he asked as they were alone in an elevator once again. 

"Ugh, adore it," she smiled at him. She was standing as far away from him as possible without it seeming weird. Just the intoxicating smell of him was too much, and she was trying to control herself. 

"Great, then I'll get some for tonight," he stated. They were meeting up for dinner yet again. 

She shook her head. "No, let me get it, you're making the food, it's only fair," 

The elevator stopped, and they both knew the doors would open at any second. "If you insist," he winked before he left and Claire continued to the next floor. 

She could feel herself blushing like a damn school girl by his gesture and the excitement for tonight. Well, she was kind of dreading it. She loved spending time with him, but it was getting harder and harder to ignore her feelings for him. 

She shook the feeling off as well as she could and continued to her patient's room. 

He looked good as always, but a part of her preferred him in his sweatpants and t-shirt as he was wearing tonight. 

He greeted her with a big smile and let her in with her tiramisu. 

"It smells great," she complimented. She appreciated when he cooked, Claire could not cook, for the love of God, so she rarely got homemade food that good. 

"It always does," he stated confidently and she shook her head at his ego. 

"It'll be ready in just 5 minutes," she walked with him into the kitchen. "Wine?"

"Do you even have to ask?" she questioned, and he laughed as he found a bottle and two glasses. 

"You didn't make the tiramisu yourself, did you?" he asked her concerned as he handed her a glass.