CHAPTERELEVEN

chapter eleven
LOVE VERSUS
INFATUATION

"Your fondness of her is almost admirable, Your Majesty

admirable, Your Majesty."

Navier's cold expression gave none of her emotions away.

"You're as blunt as always." The Emperor sighed, observing his wife. "Yes, I cherish her a great deal."

The Empress nearly let a twitch of her brow slip. "However, it's impossible for me to make exceptions. Even you, as her..lover, cannot."

"Navier, it's just one additional guest–"

"I think some things have distracted you, Your Majesty. You've forgotten your role as an Emperor." She turned around swiftly, walking through the open door without a second thought.

"She's being too mean," The beautiful mistress' eyes were fixed on the wooden exit. She hummed sadly as she stood up from the bed and smoothed down her skirt. "I know she's talking about me."

Sovieshu ran his hand through her long silvery whites and placed a small kiss atop her forehead.

"The Empress gets easily swept away in her duties and tends to become strict. Don't mind her."

══ஓ๑ ✦ ๑ஓ══

"An invitation?" The Princess muttered to herself as she read the letter from last night, letting her fingertips glide along the smooth surface of the paper.

She sighed, setting it aside before burying her head in her hands, talking to herself in muffled words. "Can I? Should I even go?"

The sky looked a little more bleak today, the greyish clouds casting a sad glow over the land. The flowers, the grass, they were all little gloomy.

This was so different to the sunny weather they had being seeing so far.

"The special banquet is today, so if I have nothing tomorrow...I can go." She opened the door to the balcony, and wind immediately greeted her with a soft blow. "However.."

However what?

Was she determined to waste her time by running away? This would definitely cause her sleepless nights. If she didn't go, she'd regret it. She needed closure, and she needed it soon.

She fidgeted with her knuckles as she worried. She paced around the hard stone a few times. Took two quick breaths. Leaned on the railings, studied the clean cut bushes below.

Doing something, anything, felt good.

So she pondered for a while.