THE FIRM POSITION

A/N:

Sorry for any typos or grammatical error. Your constructive criticism is as always welcomed.

*************************

As Rose apprated out from the nearest appration  center the cold morning breeze greeted her ,making her already sensitive cheeks flush red.

  She moved along the pavement watching the hustle bustle of the magical city -London.Hidden from the muggles' view this city has a world of it's own which enchanted Rose every single time .The vendors selling magical equipment , the painter making portrait of the loving family , the shops that were lit with Christmas decorations or the mere sight of the old couple walking along the pavement holding hands were enough to  melt her heart. The city not only catered such loving sights but have the rush , adventure , competition due to the various large scale companies , firms and businesses which have opened there wings in the past few years . Their humungous buildings and scales added the grandeur to the city.

  Rose stopped in front of one such building .Watching the tall glass building touching the blue hue of the sky , a proud grin made it's way upon Rose's face .

      'R. W. Law Firm Ltd'.

Her firm, the result of her consistent endeavours stood there in all it's glory . Upon entering she was greeted by a very few workers lingering in the office, which she warmly returned with a smile on her face. She never got along with the idea of an intimidating  coldhearted boss. On contarary she like to  treat each and every worker with respect and care. Never was her aura unapproachable in the past 5 years , as  a CEO or a senior lawyer.  She  always try to be their support in difficult times and tries to solve their problems  with the best of her ability and capacity.

Upon entering the lift and pressing the button of her floor, her thoughts swayed towards the beginning of this firm. She was always interested in law courtesy her mother, but  the real motive of opening a law firm was aroused upon hearing the stories of people who without the knowledge of the vast laws of Ministry  are left helpless to accept whatever convicted. Not that the conviction were manipulated like in the times of Voldemort. But still she wanted to be the voice of people in Wizengamont ,which can be pretty intimidating to any unknown wizard or witch. She still remembered,how  the stories of Uncle Harry inspired her to become a lawyer as he told how his professor and headmaster Albus Dumbledore defended  him .

The ding sound of the elevator  woke her up from her reverie. There stood her best friend and secretary with her signature notepad in hands.

"Good morning Jane, how are you this fine Sunday morning?" Rose asked knowing very well about her reaction.
As expected Jane grunted and let out a series of curses under her breathe, some being stupid friend, crazy workaholic, stupid contract  but followed her to her cabin nonetheless.

Upon reaching her cabin Jane started to brief her about the impending cases which needed her approval for acceptance .She  handed her the case files for final  case acceptance and left to get both of them strong coffee.

The first two cases were from some company which needed her professional opinion about the drafted contracts which were supposed to be signed after the New Year, so she directed the cases to the  appropriate departament  for reading and decided to do the final check herself after Chirstmas. The third file was the one which caught her attention . One reason being the fact that it was a  contract which she asked her colleague for reference  reading  as it was a much discussed deal between  a company and a famous potioneer . The deal itself piqued her interest as it was very uncommon for the  said potioneer- Isaac Ray-to sign any kind of deal with a conglomerate.Even the company signed the deal in a very hushed manner which added fuel to Rose's suspicion . That was the reason because of which Rose asked her colleague to get a copy of the contract which they made public .It was a very nice contract with detailed terms .The company and Issac Ray were equal partners for making the potions,sharing profits in an equal manner , the amount of production to be decided in a very fair manner and after  the approval from both the parties .     

  'Probably such well structured contract was  the reason which made  Issac Ray to partner with the company ,which he refused so many  times in the past 'Rose thought and closed the file after sating her curiosity.

Later she directed Jane for the handover to the mentioned departments for the first two cases  and  asked  Jane to fix the meeting with the clients after the Christmas break as none of the cases were urgent. It was by luch time that she was able to finish all her work and to save her head from grandma Molly's wrath she moved quickly out of her cabin.

As she was entering the elevator with Jane she suddenly remembered something.

"Jane all your luggage is  packed or do you need some help?" Rose asked Jane, who was going to spend her Christmas with her family in the Hogsmead.

"No all packed Rosie, I will just leave in about an hour or so. " Jane replied as they started exiting the building.

"Okay don't forget to wish them from my side, also owl me as soon as you reach, don't pull out any stunt on your sister and don't forget to bring cookies. " Rose reminded her in one breath.

Jane laughed at her antiques but agreed nonetheless ,knowing how worked up she gets  even for small matters.

Both of  them  walked to the nearest appration point with Rose rambling all about the gifts that she bought for her family and also reminded Jane to visit burrow someday in the holidays. Knowing grandma Molly would have a fit if she forget to do the same. Jane was always welcomed in the family such that even their parents have become friends over the years.

To Rose ,Jane was not just a friend but someone far more precious . She was the one who supported her when she was crumbling down,she was the one who lend her unconditional support in difficult times .Rose smiled at her friend and bid her goodbye and mentally prepared herself foe the journey to the Burrow.

*********************
Word count :1056

Published on : 18 Oct, 2021

*********************

Hey yo lovely people so here is the next chapter. Our Rose is a mighty CEO and a lawyer of her own firm..

Do share your thoughts about the chapter. Please comment, vote and share to extend your support to this new writer.