COURSE OF CHANGE

A/N:

We crossed 100 reads. I know it's a small number but it means the world to a novice like me

Thank you people.

Here rolls another chapter people....

Let's now look into the Malfoy's Christmas.

***************

Change is inevitable,the most constant thing in the world. Though sitting in the living room sipping his tea along with his father as he watches his mother instruct the elves about the impending decorations all while fussing about the non cooperation of the father son duo, he thought probably his mother is immune to the statement.

Astoria Malfoy , his mother always had schedule for the Christmas week and just two days before the Christmas was the time to fuss about the left work, gulit trip his father and him so that they can help in the decorations and then makes sure to find faults in their work. His father and him learnt their lesson well and thus they would just act oblivious to all her snide remarks and be a naive listener to all her suggestive talks asking for help in not the most subtle manner. Now that he think back his mother was never subtle. From her lavish Christmas parties to her over the top decorations and themes ,she surely had a knack for dramatics.

Outsiders may consider them heartless but their instinct of survival didn't allow them to be in her vicinity during these days.

Why?

Simple, because it was always her way or the way to the porch. The countless times he and his father have been kicked out because they couldn't understand her vision , as she likes to call it - One time it was because they couldn't understand the mere difference between a brown and russet colour. Other time they didn't knew the perfect symmetry for putting the frames on wall , which had most hideous pictures he had ever seen.

Needless to say she would send them out on a stroll all while muttering to take their sweet time to come home so that she could correct their disaster.

This Christmas was no less.

Though they were hell bent in saving their souls to freeze by not participating, yet Astoria Malfoy is force that can not be ignored, especially by his father Draco Malfoy.

His father is a man in love, Scorpious established that fact within 10 years of his life when he saw his father giving the same googly eyes as he gave to candies but over the years how he still manage to fall more in love was beyond his understanding. It was sickeningly sweet and sometimes a bit unbelievable too. He remembered his father told that they were arranged after the war but when they met he fell in love.

No it wasn't the love at first sight, it was love at first hit. Astoria Malfoy then Greengrass hit him with all the things present in the area for saying yes to the arrangement and then tended his wounded face, only to punch it for laughing at her order of the meal.
Then they met, talked and all that fairytale shit happened.

But did he believed in that shit?

Yes.

But would he fall in that shit?

No.

Because somehow he had managed to be broken beyond repair and didn't wanted someone to bear the burden of his broken state.

He tried to come back to reality, mend those pieces but nothing actually worked and now he stopped caring.

It was late but the acceptance for self came to him at the much needed time. He accepted his state and moved forward to follow his passion in potions.

One thing that blocked all the memories, made him feel refreshed and probably a bit happy too.

Happy was something foreign to him. Not because he couldn't feel it but because he felt numb almost all the time he spent alone without his parents.

Even now it felt surreal to Scorpious as he saw his father coaxing his mum to just relax and his mum arguing , hyperventilating and then finally leaning on his embrace. Just like all those years back, like nothing changed.

But things did change. They always have and always will.

Neither he was a jolly teenager nor was this time to relax. One look on the letter residing on his table he knew it was time. Time to actually let the world see that they can't backstab him like this.

Not anymore, not anyone.

This time he will be the one to decide the course of this change as per his will.

************
Word count :721

Published on : 24 March 2022

*************
Please share your thoughts about the chapter.