MISSION ACTIVATED

They were waiting. Literally for the past 36 hours they all were waiting for uncle Harry to show up. After the big revelation in the morning he went out, he hasn't returned yet. The courage that Rose built for fighting him was now diminishing with each passing second with no sign of his return.

The annual Christmas ball was probably their only hope for him to show up as it is conducted to raise fund for various charities that the ministry has supported after war. The elves pensions, taking care of the people who have no one in this magical world and various other causes of which Uncle Harry was a firm believer. Thus Rose was pretty sure that she has to keep her best foot forward to convince him.

His approval was not that important for Rose but his support and consent was necessary to carry it forward , both emotionally and legally, as he was the last person that was connected to Sirius Black. So it was pretty obvious that his support and testimony during the trial would be a essential. Thus here was Rose in the stalls of the bathroom of ministry preparing for her great speech for convincing her Uncle, who also happens to be the one of the most head strong wizard in this magical world.

How in the name of Merlin can I convince a person who didn't stop even after the various life threating situations thrown in his path.... Just my luck!!!

As her mind was playing various scenarios in which the conversation could go, various replies were being prepared for every possible question by her mind she just heard a very loud voice speaking.

" You are a vile creature and I don't want to do anything to you with the beings like you. Your family have just malign this world and so have you. Now you want to fool me with this cloak of goodness beneath which your dark soul lies. I won't let it happen "

Well eavesdropping was bad but when have we not done a sin or two in our live with that reasoning Rose stayed hidden just out of curiosity.

" Well of course I am a dark soul. What do you think that I am not aware of that fact Ray, but at least I am not a backstabbing hungry wolf who betrays and then turns his back to the one with more to offer. "

The name Ray did ring a bell in his mind but she was not able to put finger on where has she heard the name.

" And as far as the deal is concerned Ray I don't care about it but you will. You surely will when I will make you regret it. Mark my words Ray you will be begging for mercy and I will provide none. "

"I am not scared by the like of you Malfoy. "

Malfoy, the name was enough to make everything click in place. The deal, Ray.. Issac Ray. Well listening to this encounter Rose felt as if another being was accused for it's lineage, another person was being burdened with the deeds of it's ancestors and all this made her will a bit stronger.

Remember the cause Rose, the origin for which you felt the need to do it.

With this she sure was ready to face any one even the Boy who Lived..... But not the boy who just walked pass the bathroom stall.

The glistening blonde was a dead give away if not the strikingly perfect raised eyebrow that she was caught. He looked like a predator ready to pounce but was she going to back away, Hell no.

Offence is the best defence Rose.

" Well hello there Mister if you would just excuse me I would like some space to move. Don't just block the whole path Mister. "

He moved to the sides giving her space and as she was just about to go past him

" Remember Miss next time move your own way without poking your nose in others business. "

" I didn't poke nose in anyone's business mister. "

" Well this sneaky habbit of eavesdropping on others conversation would say otherwise Miss. "

Oops caught red handed. Act like nothing happened and move quick Rose.

" You hear that, I think someone's calling me. Um.. Uhm yes, yes well it was nice meeting you Mister.have a good day . Enjoy the ball. Merry Christmas. "
She called as she ran away from the scene .

Phew good save now just act like you didn't embarass yourself and became a stuttering mess despite being a lawyer.

With that thought she finally entered the ballroom and scanned for her target.

Target spotted.

There he was talking to the Minister and the conductor of the auction for charity, with a nod from aunt Ginny standing beside him Rose walked towards with hopes of being able to convince him.

Mission activated.

*********

Published on : 19 Nov 2022

Word count : 815

**********

Hmmm Rose on mission mode.... What do you think???

Next chapter about Scorpious past...

Do comment and share your thoughts...