DIGGING THE BURIED

After a long wait here is another chapter

To him this blasted music, cheers and obnoxious glitters were irritating.

To him Christmas means family, peace and some alone time to rejuvenate himself.

Then why was he getting ready in this suit --  though the perfectly tailored custom made piece did justice to his well built body  -- he didn't know himself.

A knock on the door made him grunt and he whined like a child and threw his worst tantrum as soon as he saw his mum entering.

"It's not fair mom. Why do I even need to go. I don't want to go mum pleaseeeeeeee. "

The woman had the audacity to blatantly ignore him and went ahead to put a Christmas broach on his coat.

He continued huffing and pouting all while giving  why are u making me do this  glare to her. Following her trail with his petulant child attitude, he saw his father standing at the door tapping his foot  looking at his pocket clock then at the stairs.

Whipped was the only way to describe the expression that lightened up his  father's  face when they descended the stairs, the loving gaze never faltering from Draco Malfoy's face was enough of an indication  that Astoria Malfoy has entered the room.

He saw their lovey dovey act all while grumbling at how they should grow up and act civilized for once in front of their only child. Yeah his father eating his mother's face was a memory that scarred his 4 year old soul and yet they never learned.

He too joined them for apparition as he didn't know the venue yet. Cold boss.. yeah that flew out of the window because at this moment cold was this bloody weather and boss was his mum.

As soon the building came in view he cursed out loud... Of course it was this wretched building that still haunted his dreams. One look at his parents and he knew the reason of secrecy about the venue because their was no way in the name of Salazar that he would willingly step in Ministry Of Magic.

It was all a blur for him actually , the journey to the main gates. It mostly followed a deafening silence when people saw them or rather him then it turned into an uproar of questions, whispers, camera flashes and few others which he didn't notice. But now standing in front of the gates when he had to actually enter the building it was like his world stopped. Everything started flashing in front of his eyes, suffocating him though he wanted nothing more than to run back and hide in his home but still he took a deep breath clenched his fist and with the most menacing aura he masked all his feelings and entered that building.

He saw his mother and father releasing their breath and his assistant running towards him. He passed a nod to his parents telling them to continue and slowed down to listen as to why his assistant was here.

" Issac Ray is attending the party sir "
As soon as  his assistant said those words his eyes met his father who was giving him the Malfoy smirk and with a smirk of his own he continued the journey to the ball.

********
" Why don't you talk to him? "

" Yeah and what should I say why did you sign with the other company? You know that's not how it works dad. "

" All I am saying is just clear it with him or run a background check on the company that signed him. "

" Yes I have already done that dad, just another rival who were cunning enough to snatch a deal. Nothing new. "

"Nothing new for sure but nothing big , I don't know about that Scorp. This thing compelled you to come to England. I am sure that had to something big. "

Scorpious just looked at Draco with a sinister look that reminded him so much of the pure scheming Slytherin. He forward a letter addressed to him.

" My former best friend thinks that with this petty pesky tricks he can outdo me. Using my past to turn Issac against me, he lured him to sign for his company just for a mere promotion from his boss.
I am here for that mole in my company, for that rotten bastard and for Issac Ray too. "

His father just arched his brow telling him to continue.

" Issac Ray had a good potion, was a good deal but now he is a mere pawn for people to show that I can no longer be governed by my past. I will make him sign the contract with my company and slap those pigs in their face who think that they can manipulate my future with something that I haven't even done in the past "

" Don't you this that it would be better to first talk to Ray, you know make him understand peacefully and then you can go all ruthless Malfoy on him? "

He laughed out loud at this comment and just shrugged.
" He seems to be hiding in depths of North Sea. It feels like he has vanished from the face of earth. "

" It seems like you got some digging to do Scorp. " His father laughed out seemingly satisfied with his plan.

********
" You dig the buried dad " He whispered to his father upon reaching the ballroom's entrance.

His father gave him just a smirk while his mother was left only with a confusing expression and a nose scrunch.

They both laughed at her cute expression and while he just kissed her cheek, his father tucked her to his side and  pecked her lips. She grumbled about being left out of loop but still hooked her hands in their elbows as they stood on both if her sides.

They gave one last glance towards each other and then entered the battlefield or ball room , probably at this point both were synonymous.

**********
Word count : 991

Published on : 10 Oct, 2022

***********
Do vote and commenr your thoughts..