Chapter 1 Part 1

Hey everyone, here is my first Game of Thrones stand-alone story featuring an OC character in the canon. It was a story I thought about after reading a few similar stories and thinking about some of the events that happen before the show. A little twist on the Game of Thrones and A Song of Ice and Fire mythos by changing up events a bit. In this story, the tourney of Harrenhal occurred in 278 AC, moving all the events of the Rebellion up two years and making the war an extra year longer. Robert was betrothed to Lyanna Stark and she had a tiny bit of affection for him and were betrothed earlier in 277 AC. Enjoy!

The Blue Wolf is born

278 AC: Harrenhal

The Tourney at Harrenhal was in full swing as Lords from all over the 7 Kingdoms had come for fame and fortune. One of them was Robert Baratheon, Lord of Storm's End who was drinking with his friend Eddard Ned Stark before the melee competition. He slammed down another ale as Eddard tried to stop him.

"Easy, Robert. You're going to get yourself killed if you keep drinking." Eddard cautioned him. 

"Bah, Ned! I fight better when I drink!" Robert boasted, causing Ned to sigh.

"Like that helps when we trained with Lord Arryn." Ned joked. Robert reached for another glass when Lyanna Stark, Ned's sister took it from him.

"You keep drinking like that I'll have to take your place, Stag." Lyanna joked causing Ned to chuckle and Robert to look at her.

"You know father would never let that happen." Ned told her.

"Ha, don't worry, Lyanna. I'll be fine." Robert told her but Lyanna finished his ale.

"We'll see." She bid them farewell, heading back to her father.

"Ah, no better sight than watching a woman walk away." Robert said smiling at his beloved, whom he had slept with a fortnight ago.

"If it's you they're walking away for good reason." Ned joked. Robert let out a hardy laugh before slinging his arm over Ned's shoulder.

"Ha, good one, Ned. Come on, help me get ready!" Robert pulled him away to help get his armor on.

Robert took part in the melee competition and managed to defeat many before he was defeated by Prince Rhaegar Targaryen, something that pissed off Robert for a while, but he calmed down. There were other events including the horse race, the tourney of singers, the archery, axe-throwing contest and eventually the joust where Prince Rhaegar won. Robert was standing next to Ned as they saw Prince Rhaegar take his victory lap and held the crown of winter roses that he would give to his Queen of Love and Beauty. Ned expected it to be his wife, Elia of House Martell but was surprised to see it was Lyanna. Lyanna accepted it, of course, being smart enough to take favor from the Prince but Ned could have sworn he saw a legitimate smile and look between Lyanna and Rhaegar.

"Ha, that's right. My Lyanna is the Queen of Love and Beauty. Giving my love that title is what she deserves." Robert boasted, making people think that Prince Rhaegar only gave Lyanna her due but Ned saw the look of anger in Robert's eyes.

"This can't be good.' Ned thought to himself. 'Let's just hope Robert doesn't do something stupid. Old Gods hear my prayer.'

Year 281 AC: Tower of Joy, Dorne