Chapter 2 Part 1

Here is Chapter 2 of The Blue Wolf. William continues to prove himself to his father and to the people of the 7 Kingdoms as he lives and fights through the Greyjoy Rebellion. As he grows up, he explores the other regions and learns more about the 7 Kingdoms that he will one-day rule over. Along the way, he'll meet new people, make new friends, allies, and enemies. Slowly but steadily, he'll forge his own future through the Game of Thrones while slowly discover more information on his past. Enjoy!

The Greyjoy Rebellion and New Adventure

289 AC: 3 Moons since the beginning of the Greyjoy Rebellion

Island of Great Wyk, Iron Islands

The rebellion of the Iron Islands or as it was now being called the Greyjoy Rebellion had been going on for at least 3 moons and while the initial phase of the Rebellion allowed the Iron Born to raid and reave with ease, that was no longer the case. Once Robert had assembled his forces, the Iron Born no longer had the advantage. He gathered a large force of men, horses and ships and launched a retaliation with the forces of the North, the Vale, the Riverlands, The Reach and the Stormlands.

The Iron Born were knocked back from Seagard when Rodrick Greyjoy was killed while the Royal and Redwyne fleet smashed through Victarion Greyjoy's ships and took him prisoner. And now, Robert Baratheon and his army were on the Iron Islands, armed and ready to payback Balon Greyjoy for rebelling. The crowned prince, William Baratheon was with his uncle Stannis and Lord Tyrell and their army to attack the island of Great Wyk. Word had spread amongst the men about the Prince's battle prowess and feats during the encounter with the Iron Born fleet and it had earned him the respect of many. Those who were unsure of the stories told about the Prince would soon see a demonstration with their own eyes as they neared Great Wyk.

The ships closed in on the island and made their way to the docks and harbors where they were met with no resistance from any soldiers. There were just fishermen, women and children who seemed more annoyed at their presence than angry because it seemed to interrupt their lives. William helped the men offload siege weapons and equipment and once that was done they would push inland with a force remaining at the fishing village to protect the ships.

They pushed from the village to the inland where they were met with long plains and roads that split into several different directions to small villages, keeps and castles. Houses Merlyn, Sparr, Goodbrother and Farwynd resided on the island with Hammerhorn, the seat of House Goodbrother, the largest and was located on the northern edge. They sent out scouting parties with ravens to alert them of any Iron Born movement in any direction as they marched to the castle of Hammerhorn.

William was on a horse, riding with the rest of the army as they were closing in on Hammerhorn. He was just enjoying the ride, looking around at the men who were conversing to pass the time. They were nearing Hammerhorn and once they stopped for camp for the night, they would devise a battle plan for taking the castle. They rode for a few more hours before stopping to make camp and rest. Sentries and guards were set up around the camp and further away to be on alert for a surprise attack. Once William had settled in a bit, he was with the siege crews helping them set up the ballistae and trebuchets and making any adjustments that would be necessary as well as showing them the fire bolt trick they used against the Greyjoy fleet.

William knew a thing or two about ballistae and trebuchets because of his time studying with Cedric Angar. Once they had set up the weapons, William moved to the main command tent to discuss strategy and troop placement with his uncle and Lord Tyrell. William and Ser Arthur walked in to see Stannis, Ser Davos, Lord Tyrell, and Lord Tarly around a table with a bundle of maps.

 William and Ser Arthur walked in to see Stannis, Ser Davos, Lord Tyrell, and Lord Tarly around a table with a bundle of maps