Chapter 2 Part 2

290 AC: King's Landing

After the Greyjoy Rebellion, William was back in King's Landing and a stable peace had returned to the 7 Kingdoms. Words of the events and battles that took place had spread throughout the country as minstrels, traveling merchants, and men who fought in the conflict spread tales and stories to every town and city like a plague. The most famous story was of Prince William Baratheon who led a successful naval assault against the Iron Born, led an assault on Great Wyk and was knighted on Pyke, making him the youngest knight in the history of the Seven Kingdoms.

With the rebellion squashed, Will was enjoying the peace and quiet. Like he promised, he spoke to his father and told him that Stannis had proven himself a valiant commander and deserved his rightful title of Lord Paramount of the Stormlands and ruler of Storm's End. Renly, of course didn't like the idea and countered Will's point saying that he was doing a fine job which he didn't dispute but Stannis was the rightful Lord Paramount and deserved it. Robert eventually agreed and made Stannis Lord Paramount of the Stormlands much to Renly's dismay. Renly was named Stannis's heir until a son was born to him and kept his position of Master of Law. Renly now stayed in King's Landing and there was some tension between him and William, hopefully that wouldn't last forever.

Will got back to his studies with Cedric and training with Ser Arthur. Ser Barristan would even join in on the training every now and then and Will was getting better. Now that Will had his own sword, they wanted to make sure he knew how to use it. Speaking of his sword, once they returned to King's Landing he met with Grand Maester Pycelle to figure out what sword this was. After some research, Pycelle told him that the sword he had was Red Rain, the once ancestral sword of House Reyne of the Westerlands. The records aren't perfect but there was a mention that House Reyne possessed a Valyrian Steel sword with a blade as red as blood. The Iron Born often raided the Westerlands so it's possible that they stole it and that's how House Drumm had it. But it was Will's now and that led him to his current situation.

Will had left the Red Keep, wearing a dark blue leather doublet, brown trousers, and matching boots with his daggers strapped to his belt along with his sword as he was walking from the Red Keep to the street of Steel in King's Landing. Ser Arthur and Ser Barristan were by his side, both dressed in regular clothing as Will didn't want to draw any more attention than he normally did. You'd be surprised how little people recognize you if you're not wearing royal clothes.

As they walked down the street, he noticed some men hassle an eastern man who was sitting against the wall of a building. Will looked and saw he was most likely from Yi Ti from his appearance and clothing. Probably came to King's Landing for a new start only to be hassled by ignorant people. Will saw the man was sitting on the ground, with his legs crossed and had a bowl in front of him. They knocked it over, causing the money to spill to the ground.

"Hey!" Will shouted as the men turned to him. "Leave him alone.

"Piss off, brat." One of them shouted and his friends chuckled. The man then grabbed the beggar by the hair when Will walked up, grabbed his hand and pushed him back into his friends. "You want to die, boy?"

"Do you?" Will unsheathed his sword and pointed it at them. The men backed up a bit as Ser Barristan and Ser Arthur unsheathed their swords as well. The men looked at each other and saw they were outmatched. "You men clearly never learned manners if you're treating someone like this. Now walk away."

"We won't forget this boy." One of them shouted before they left. Will sheathed his sword and knelt to pick up the money they had kicked over and put it in the man's bowl.

"Thank you, young man." The easterner replied as Will smiled.

"No thanks, necessary. Men like them have no sense of honor or common decency." He said, putting the money in the bowl. "Did they hurt you?"