Chapter Four

Chapter four

I feel the slick pavement below my feet as I walk across the parking lot to work. The linoleum floor squeaks beneath my feet as I walk down the hall with my work bag slung across my shoulder. Today I brought along Skitty and Beautifly to work, changing it up from when I brought Blaziken yesterday. I walk into the classroom and lay my bag on a desk and sit down and get out all the graded papers to hand out later. The students had a quiz on what berries make your pokemon cute, cool, beautiful, tough,or clever. Most of them scored very well, I am very proud of them.

I go out to the bleachers that face the battlefield and look out. Today, we are having our own contest. The students will compete for the prize of some special pokemon food I will make for them upon request of type. I pick myself up off the bleachers and go move a desk over to be facing the battlefield like a judging table.

“Hello May, ready to judge our contest today?” I look up to see one of my best students standing next to my desk.

“ Of course! I haven't judged in a while but, I will do my best for you guys! You guys have all grown so much! I cant wait to see you guys perform!”

“ Thank you May! I’m so excited to perform today! I’ve been feeding my pokemon extra pokeblocks to make it extra cute!” I hear her blurt out pretty fast.

“Thats wonderful,” I congratulate my student, “ I’m happy to know that you’ve been practicing!” I exclaim. And, I actually was happy. I was also genuinely excited to see their contest. I haven't actually watched one in quite some time. I can’t wait to judge my students!

“ Just have fun out there and do your best!”

“Thanks! I will!” My student happily skips away to go get ready. I hope she does well, she is one of my favorite students.

Slowly, all of my students file in. They all take their places on the bench. I can tell some look pretty nervous.

“Guys, there is no need to be nervous. Just do your best out there!” I say optimistically trying the best I can to be optimistic. I signal for my student who is being our announcer to take his place.

“ Welcome everybody to our first ever Rustboro Trainers academy Pokemon contest!Who’s ready to win!?!?!?!?!?!?” I hear my loud announcer Ben say. (A/N Ben is just a random name) “Today, we have May as our judge. But, before we get started we have ribbon cup winner here to give us a exhibition appeals performance! Come on out May!”

What. I wasn’t told about this, but I have a student filming so I just play along. I get up from my judging table and run over to the field.

“Skitty take the stage!” I yell. I can’t believe that I remember that. I haven’t said or thought about that in years! My natural instincts are starting to take over.

“Skitty use blizzard but keep eye contact with me!”  a plan formulates in my head. I see Skitty through the blizzard that is spiraling toward the ceiling. I grab the moon stone out of my fanny pack and through it to skitty. Skitty catches it in her mouth. The blizzard around her starts to glowwith a brilliant light.

“ Skitty use assist!” Skitty uses assist within and a beautiful silver wind that slices up the blizzard making it fall to the ground around my newly evolved Delcatty. Delcatty walks over to my side and we bow in unison.

Then I noticed.

It was there. The burning that rises through my body and spreads its way through my fingertips and into my soul and takes over. It had come back. The unbeatable feeling I get when I'm performing. Power, courage, strength, and trust in my Pokemon. For the first time in years I smile a real smile.

-------------------------

I;'m so happy I updated! sorry for the long wait and short chapter! I hope you guys liked it, and I dont own pokemon and all taht stuff. okie bai!