Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Drew’s POV

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! I hear my alarm clock having a fit on the bedside table in my room. I have to walk over into my room to turn it off because I fell asleep last night on the couch watching contest reruns from when I was just a starting coordinator. I was actually pretty good compared to some of the other coordinators at the time.

Then there was coordinators like May that gave me a run for my money. Whenever I see an old contest that me and May were in together, I remember exactly what happened before and after the contest. Whether it be me saving her and her friends from Harley or Team Rocket, or making fun of her and having her scream her head off. I remember falling asleep to the Grand Festival of the year in Hoenn with May. I remember seeing her cry and wanting to help so bad, but not being able to do anything without being teased by my peers about helping her because I like her.

I realize that I am standing there reminiscing and haven't even turned off the alarm. I run into my room leaping over the bed to turn off the alarm before I get complaints from the neighbors. I relax after it is off. I go into the kitchen to eat a light breakfast before I run. I turn on the radio, quieter than usual because apparently people other than Brianna heard me singing as well…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sit down on a bench in the park to take a break from running. I check my watch and see that I ended at the normal time, actually shaving some time off my run. I look out over the manicured lawn of the park. The simplicity of my design of the landscape makes me rethink what I did as a coordinator when I was young. I think I went to far in making things great. I added too much pizzazz. Sometimes I should have just showed the beauty of my pokemon instead of their moves. Especially with pokemon like Roserade and Masquerain.

I get up off the bench deciding that I probably should actually go to work today. I get up and walk my way toward the post office. I walk into the post office and take the key out of my pocket and open my PO box. I look in and see that I have one letter, from May, I recognize the Beautifully stamp in the top right corner. I pull out one coupon with the letter and head home for work, knowing that if I don’t hurry I might be late. Not like my boss would really notice. I walk the short walk home through the quiet streets of La Rousse. The silence kills me. Nothing is on my mind to keep me occupied and distracted at the moment, the streets almost seem creepy. Like a bomb, I hear a ear piercing scream from behind me, almost making me fall into the street.

“Oh my gosh! Is that really who I think it is? DREW? I had a sneaking suspicion that it was you when I saw a skinny man walking down the street with a mop of green hair! I haven't seen you in years! How are you sweetie!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!” I know exactly who it is the moment the first word leaves his mouth. Harley.

“Hello, long time no see rival. It seems we went our separate ways after Jhoto. What are you doing nowadays?” I ask a little confused why he is in La Rousse city in the first place.

“Well, I came to see the city of course! It’s technology has always baffled me so I had to come see it myself. The tour brochure that I threw away right after I heard the tour guides annoying voice get really me riled up was actually really helpful. I got lost on some of the moving walkways, but I figured it out. But how are you? Where’s May? How is she? I thought you guys would be together by now! You guys would make the perfect couple! My little gingerbread cookies! But seriously where is she?” Harley asks the end of the question pretty demandingly. He for once seems kinda concerned that we are not together. I don’t really get why but… I answer him trying to be truthful as possible without breaking out in tears and showing my weak side. I push down the emotions bubbling inside of me and lay out the flat truth.

“May is in ruins and has no one by her side. Max left and doesn’t talk. All her friends left and no one is the to care for her. Her own parents don’t even care. They talk behind her back like little school girls. They don’t understand what she is going through, they just think that she is a failure. She herself has told me that there isn’t much left for her in Petalburg anymore. She can’t even leave either! Her parents need her for the support! She pays almost half the bills because her father has less challenges coming at the gym. She has everything falling apart and there is nothing that I can even do to help her. That is why she is not standing here beside me. If you want you can go find and make her leave her house of misery, but you won’t be able to. She loves her family too much to leave.” I yell all of this at Harleys face not even realizing that I am making a scene here in the street. I can’t take knowing that I just told all of Mays secrets right to Harleys face. Well they weren’t really secrets, anyone with a keen eye could notice. I start to walk away from Harley back toward my house before he stops me.

“But you are there for May right? If you know all this you must talk?” Harley asks actually wanting to talk about this.

“In a way. We write back and forth. She can't afford a phone, her dad does for some reason but you know, he doesn’t care about who made the money for the phone at all. I try to be there for her, but it is hard to do it by letter. I try my best, I really do! But, there is no way I can go visit her! She can’t come here! I have a job, I can’t leave. We both have jobs and are restricted with our traveling days. Not like she could afford to leave anyway!” I really can’t take this anymore! I run away from Harley not wanting to hear him anymore. Right before I turn the corner onto my street I look back and Harley is still standing in the exact same place as before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrive at work an hour late and quietly go to my desk. I put down my briefcase and log onto my computer. I check my schedule and see that I’m going to be late in a few minutes for a meeting. I run down the hall to the conference room gaining my composure right before entering in front of my co workers. I sit down at the finally empty seat hearing the door close behind me. The chatter in the room dies down now that everyone has arrived.

“Hello everyone!” My boss stands up and addresses us. “This is just a quick meeting. I have news that there is going to be a contest next week but one more judge is needed.  The contest is to be held in Petalburg City.” My boss finishes and a stand straight up out of my chair.

“I’ll go.” I say jumping on the opportunity.

Ok hey guys! that part with Harley I hadn't even intended! I geuss things just happen for a reason! Longest chapter yet! bye guys!

Shinxy OUT!