Chapter Six

May's POV

As I walk out the doors of work after an exhilarating day of judging my classes Pokemon contest, me and my Delcatty walk out onto the now sunny parking lots pavement. I realize that today, on this day I had the most fun I had had in the past few years. Not even the time max video chatted me for my birthday. I have an urge to run to the coffee shop and write a letter to Drew about my fabulous day, but then I have an even better plan, but it might worry him. I just have to trust that he thinks I'm okay. 

Instead of going to the coffee shop, I head to the bank. I had a check to cash and I wanted to see if that put in 100 pokeyen a month thing was gaining in interest. I step through the doors of the bank to see no other than my childhood Idol Wallace in the bank minding his business doing what normal people do. Then I realize that I have deteriorated in quality of appearance since he's last seen me at a contest so I quickly duck back out the door trying to escape seeing him, but it doesn't work that great. He turns around to see me fleeing out the door.

"Hey Maple! What a please to see you here! How have you been? How are your Pokemon?" He asks obvious interest in his voice. Because I still look up to him, I quickly run away avoiding embarrassment. I run into the woods and find on of those oh so convenient clearings with a stump on it. I sit down and ask my self a question that had been bugging me.

How did I let this happen to myself? I went from such a proud confident person to not being able to look people strait in the eye.  Just an hour ago I was having such a great time but now? Im sitting crying on a stump. The me that was in me a few years ago left and flew away, waiting to be found again. The thing was, was I actually trying to find it? If I wasn't, why was I still here? I had to be here for a reason. There was something holding me on. I guess I hadn't realized it until now. But that thing holding me on was Drew. But, what if he let go? What would happen to me? I push the thought away and regain my composure.

Just as I'm about to get up and leave where I was and walk out of the woods totally not suspicious like, I realize that  I'm in horrible shape. There are tears still coming out of my eyes. I look around my surroundings and see a path in the woods not far from here. I start to make my way toward the path when I hear trainers on it, but by then they'd seen me and stood still. I continue because I realize that it would be an awkward stand off if I didn't move. I walk out onto the path give a slight wave and then made my way in the opposite direction of the kids. When I am about twenty feet away a kid calls out from behind.

"Why are you crying miss?" Crap. I can't believe that people saw me like this. 

"Oh, I'm fine. Don't worry about me! I'm just thinking about when I was younger about your age." I say trying to put on the most convincing face that I can. 

"Hey... I think I know who you are. Your May Maple! The Princess of Hoenn! My big brother really enjoyed seeing you on TV when I was little. He wanted to be just like you. He wanted to inspire people like you did! He was sad that you stopped." The boy standing in the back of the group of trainers addresses me catching my attention, and then, making me cry more.

I inspired people?

People wanted to watch me?

People were sad that I stopped coordinating?

How come I didn't realize?

I turn and face the kid who just spoke about me and his brother. I smile with tears running down my face pooling around my neck, and tell him what I planed to do next.

"Tell your brother thank you. Tell him to keep his eye out for me. I might come back because of your kind words."

--------------------

Hehehehehehehehehehehe

what will happen next?

sorry that i don't update a lot but people were asking so I had to!

thanks for all the support on the book!