Letter #5

Sam,

I don't know what to say today, its one of those days that are really hard for me to get through since you've been gone so this letter may be a mess.

I dropped off a little cactus and he last letter at your grave last night. It was your favorite kind of cactus too, I have an identical one in my bedroom.

I spent a long time crying today. I looked through one of my memory boxes today, it has all of the things that remind me of you. Photos, receipts, things of yours I was given once you died, things we made together as kids. I laid on my bed sobbing with Detective Cuddles and wearing your old 5sos shirt and Falling in Reverse hoodie. I got almost all of your old clothes, as per your wishes. I also got all the old photos we had together, some of your jewelry and stuffed animals, and a few other nick-nacks.

I miss you. I say it a lot but it's true. I can barely breathe when I think of the fact that you're gone and these scars lining my arms just scream for me to make more of them. I want you back Sam, I can't handle the fact that you're gone.

Sorry todays letter had been so short and crazy.

Today's song lyrics are from a song that I'd always hated but you always loved. I despised it until you died and I finally understood it.

"It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again" (See You Again by Charlie Puth and Wiz Khalifa)

Sam watches as Ollie lets the final tear escape from their eye and fall to the page before standing from the chair at the desk and screaming. Ollie gets down to the ground and clutches their knees while sobbing.

Sam reaches out and touches Ollies shoulder. Ollie looks around and sees nothing. Sam slowly fades back to where they came from, waiting to return until Ollie writes the next letter.