C H A P T E R T W O

C H A P T E R  T W O ;W E L C O M E  T O  E A R T H

W E L C O M E  T O  E A R T H

     Gravity on earth had been a lot different than the gravity on the Ark. Tatum felt the rush that seemed to float around everyone else the second we landed on the ground. Her father's dead dreams where being brought to life in her eyes and that was suddenly enough for Tatum. She reveled in the excitement that had stemmed from her childhood. She, out of all the people on the Ark, was one of the lucky few that survived a crash landing to earth.

     Tatum stumbled upon the unmarked ground and couldn't help but look at everything. From the dirt on the ground to the leaves in the trees, everything was so much more vibrant. It almost seemed unreal, like she was in a dream. Everything left her in awe.

     She turned around when she heard a loud yell and holler from behind her. It was the black guy that sat in the seat next to her on the drop ship.

     When she let out a laugh at his hysterics, he looked at her with a smile on his face, "I told you we'd make it."

     Tatum let out another small chuckle. The guy was tall but there wasn't much of a difference between their height, Tatum being on the taller side anyways. His face displayed a smile that just seemed so welcoming and relaxing. The boy looked at Tatum a little more carefully before waving his arm around, "My name's Nathan Miller, but people usually just call me Miller."

     "Nice to meat you," Tatum returned his warm smile, "You can call me Tatum."

     "Well Tatum, welcome to earth."

     That was something, Tatum would admit, she never thought she'd hear. Earth had always been a dream or a fairytale her father would tell her before bed. It all seemed so surreal.

     The winds weaved their way through the trees while Tatum slowly spun around. There was just too much excitement to be held in and she let out spurts of giggles.

     The next thing Tatum knew, was her aimlessly walking around the crash sight. It felt as if all her nerves and senses where hyperactive to everything around her. There was a certain feeling that she couldn't explain. She stumbled her way, probably tripping over a couple unruly roots. It wasn't until she saw the blonde girl again when she really caught her eye. Tatum knew there was something familiar, it wasn't hard to realize that she was the daughter of the doctor that tried to treat her father, but that's not why she looked upon Clarke. Tatum walked closer to her and leaned against the same metal piece that was probably attached to the dropship somehow.

     Tatum pointed towards the map after she got a quick glance at it, "That looks like a pretty far trek," Clarke looked up at the older girl, "what is that? twenty miles?"