Villain Deku (Timeline Summary)

TW: Bully1ng, Murd3r

Type: Summary/Origin Story/Timeline

Most of Villain!Deku's past is the same as the Canon Izuku (who I'll be referring to as classic for most of this book).

He was bullied, attacked by the sludge villain, told he couldn't be a hero from his idol.

However, when Bakugou was attacked by the sludge villain, instead of rushing in like an idiot, he noticed All Might just watching in the crowd. Still angry over what he had said before, he started to give him a lecture about how All Might claimed to be the 'Symbol of Peace,' and yet he was more worried about his weakness being found out rather than the possibility of a teenager dying. This encouraged All Might to save Bakugou, and he planned to apologize to Deku later. However, Deku didn't stick around. Planning on taking a longer route home just to let off some steam, he bumped into Shigaraki. Shigaraki immediately realized that Izuku was in a bad place mentally/emotionally, so he considered him a possible recruit for the league and decided to try and manipulate him to become a villain. Because of how Shigaraki was the first person in a long time to be nice to him (besides his mom), Deku easily became attached to him and started to think of him as a big brother/protector, kinda like how Bakugou was when they were kids.

Shigaraki and Deku exchanged numbers, and quickly became friends. They would hang out after school, and Shigaraki would even protect Deku from some of Bakugou's lackeys, although he never met Bakugou himself. Eventually Deku met the rest of the league and realized he was being manipulated. However, since he never met All Might for the second time, and because Shigaraki often pointed out how many flaws there were in the hero system, he agreed to become a villain around when middle school ended. 

During the summer, he would usually spend his days with the League. Despite being villains, they were actually pretty nice to him (nicer than this old class was, for sure). Toga was one of his best friends, Kurogiri was like the father he never had, and Shigaraki, Dabi, Mr. Compress, Magne, and many others all considered him like a little brother, although some would never admit it. Deku's confidence started to rise, and his mom was happy he had some friends to hang out with, although she never met them.

During his time with the league, Deku felt true to be himself, with no need to suppress any anger or sadness. After learning the backstories of some of his fellow league members, his hatred for heroes only increased. About a couple of weeks before students would be trying out for UA, Deku ran away from home, going to live with the league full time. He felt guilty for hiding his other life from his mom, and even guiltier for running away without even a note, but he felt like it had to be done. His mom filed a missing report to the police, however they failed to find him. After a month of searching they dropped the case and considered him dead.

Bakugou was shocked at hearing the news, thinking that Deku had actually taken his advice and jumped. However, if there was even the smallest chance he was still alive, Bakugou would stop at nothing to find the damn nerd. Seeing Uraraka almost die in the entrance exams, he begrudgingly saved her, in some way of trying to try to apologize for what he'd done: he'd gotten one useless extra killed, so he saved another's life in order to even it out. However, he still felt guilty, which p*ssed him off.  

Imagine Bakugou's shock when a villain who looked scarily similar to Deku showed up at the entrance exam. The only difference was how he looked- the scars that littered his body, the way he held himself, his expression- oh god, his expression. His normally tear-filled eyes were now red and cold, staring at each student in front of him, analyzing them as if they were a book to be read. He held a small frown on his face, which changed into a snarl the second his eyes landed on Bakugou.

(Hol' up, this is supposed to be a basic summary, not an actual story. I'm just gonna stop myself from putting too many details-)

The USJ proceeded as canon, besides the fact that the villains, specifically Shigaraki and Deku, seemed to know about All Might's weakness. They kept stalling, but unfortunately for them the heroes still arrived and Shigaraki was still shot in the kneecaps, which was a bit traumatic for Deku. Watching the first person to be nice to him in 10 years, even after learning he was quirkless, nearly die to a so-called 'hero' was both terrifying and enraging. He, Kurogiri, and Shigaraki escaped, the league shocked when they returned. The period between the USJ and when Shigaraki healed, Deku locked himself in his room, blaming himself for what happened. Luckily, Shigaraki healed, and the situation was never brought up again, although the league, specifically Dabi, Magne, and Mr. Compress, worried for their non-legal little brother.

Around this time Deku finally met All For One. He was finally fully trusted by the league, and was offered one or more quirks. Deku, however, refused, stating that having a quirk now would wipe away all the reasons he became a villain in the first place. He wanted to prove that quirkless people could do as much and be as powerful as people with quirks. Since his goal was to make society realized people without quirks could still make fearsome enemies, getting a quirk from All For One would completely contradict what he stood for. However, he agreed that if he died during battle, All For One would have his full consent to turn him into a nomu. 

I haven't figured out the whole timeline from this point forward, but here's some bullet points:

-Iida is now on life support after his fight w/ Stain, his brother is dead

-Kota is also dead

-Todoroki still doesn't use his left side

-Deku didn't know Bakugou was being kidnapped until he walked in to find him tied up. During the AFO fight, he escaped and met up back with the league once the fight had finished. Shigaraki got a huge lecture about not telling the guy who knew most about Bakugou that they were gonna try and recruit Bakugou for the LOV, and how if he had known this whole situation could've been avoided. This was also the moment Bakugou truly realized that Deku was alive, and a villain. However, he kept the fact he knew him from everyone else, knowing that if they knew how he'd treated him they'd consider him nothing more than a bully.

Skipping to the Overhaul fight, the heroes were shocked when they arrived. The place was barren, no yakuza members in sight, except for one room, were they found a dead Overhaul with a bullet hole through his chest. After learning what Overhaul was doing to Eri, Deku killed him and took Eri to the league. Originally he planned to just hand Eri over to the police or the heroes, he decided that he didn't trust them (especially Endeavor, All Might, and Bakugou) to take proper care of her. He, along with some others in the League, had grown attached to her, and she became like a little sister for the league, similar to Deku. 

That's all I figured out timeline-wise, so here's some more bullet points that doesn't really have to do with a specific point in the timeline (aka headcanons)

-Dabi and Deku play Mario Kart at least once a week

-Deku probably called Kurogiri 'Dad' at one point

-Toga and Deku are in a will-they-won't-they relationship, nobody really knows if they're dating or not (Probably not even Deku himself)

-Deku is extremely overprotective of Eri, and taught her to stand up for herself early on. 

-Deku's just done. With everything. And everyone.

-Deku only kills other villains, or toxic heroes. He still has some heart left.

Okay, this was over 1000 words, which was way more than I was expecting. I have no idea if this'll be a pattern throughout this book, but this was still really fun to write, so look forward for more of these in the future! 

Until then, See you later, guys, gals, and non-binary pals! See you next time!

Word Count: 1419