Chapter 24

One month has passed Mehmal is working hard day and night. Emer came to check and left. He came once a week. He still thinks Mehmal should leave this place. She cannot handle this project.

Mehmal looked at him. He was in camp with people. They were eating food like he was among them, sitting on a rug. Mehmal glanced at the food. It was simple food, and the kids were happy they got some food. Emer came with the aid, which is a blessing to these people.

She was giving attention to the interview of some local people. She felt shivering when she heard what these people sorrowed. She took a break and sat on a chair where people summoned whatever Emer conversed. She glimpses at people and thinks about their future

"Is this a life?" she thought.

" If he didn't bring aid from turkey and through various NGOs worldwide, what would happen?" Nadia said to her, who was thinking highly of Emer.

"You are very impressed with him, do, don't you?" Mehmal asked. She nodded " My fiance died in airstrikes by troops. My father and brother died during the invasion. He provided me with a job. Now I can take care of my sister and mother, " she said Mehmal felt sorry for Nadia. Her impressions of Nadia have changed with time.

" you know, before I encountered you, I had very pessimistic opinions about hijab. Some months around, a hijab woman snatched everything from me. I found myself with nothing in front of her. I thought, in the end, these women would be every man's choice, and they hide their true intentions. Fake personality." Mehmal said she still hates everything "Man love women like me for the body, but they want a wife to be pious who covers her body, a housewife who takes care of their needs. Give attention to them all the time," Mehmal said. Nadia smiled.

" Dress doesn't specify how pure you are. I don't know that woman, but if someone chose someone with a dressing style and personality which he found absent in his wife, then I pity that man. I would not talk about you but look at them," Nadia pointed to Erica and her crew " She doesn't do hijabs. She is not even Muslim, but she is still eating with us and doing something for us. Do you think, so her dress defines how pure she is? For me, she is purer by heart than any woman with a modest dress but has evil in her heart. Look at Thomas. He is teaching these kids in his free time when it is not his work. Why? he is nonmuslim but better than many Muslims. I know one thing Allah lives here," Nadia pointed to her heart " If someone breaks my heart, how will he find Allah," Nadia said.

" We live here like family. We feel the pain of each other we don't have any complex. Our faith is more vital than anything else. We know Allah loves us. We don't want anything else. WE DON'T BEG, " Nadia said mehmal eyes widened, skin pale, tears rolling down.

" You said what?" Mehmal asked Nadia, who got busy doing something and looked at her again " What?"

"DON'T BEG," mehmal asked.

" yeah, Beg only Allah, not anyone. Only Allah will hear you, not humans. You will not return an empty hand. If you tell him you love him, he'll love you back."

Zaryab, I love you. In return, he chuckles, careers her cheeks. " I know ", he replied, not returning the feeling. She still thinks it is better that zaryab never responded. He lied and was only emotionally attached to his wife. He loves that woman. He said he fell for her. Otherwise, he would not, in any circumstances, fall for her.

"We beg him he helps us," Nadia added.

Zaryab, please don't do this. In return, he yelled, trying to raise his hand at her. Mehmal cleaned her tears.

Mehmal understood if she said anything to Allah, he would never send her back empty-handed or insult her as Zaryab did.

" Thank you," Mehmal said, and Nadia looked at her and smiled " No, thank you for coming here," she said.