Chapter 46

Zaryab had come early from the office before the Mayun function started to help Hamad. This was the relationship between uncle and nephew. They used to help each other as much as they could despite Hamad's differences with zaryab over Mehmal. This was because Zaryab was the eldest of his cousins and also Ladla.

Zaryab was looking around. All the guests had arrived. Sania had also come, but Mehmal had not come yet.

There was nothing to say, and he couldn't know. To see her is enough for him. He remembers watching her getting ready in front of him at every function. He liked it, and she also liked it in a Pakistani wedding dress.

In the end, the door was open. Zaryab's feet flattered to a stop as he glimpsed at the door. Mehmal entered with a basket in hand. She was wearing a mustard dress. Dubbatta was full of work and spread on the whole body. The shirt was straightforward, and so was the shalwar. There was only work on the bottom of the salwar. She was different before, and still, she is different from all. Simple and sober.

Not only Zaryab but everyone there noticed. Not only did her personality change, but her dressing style also changed. The head was not covered, but the clothes were taken in such a thoughtful way that anyone who looked at them would look at them with respect.

Zaryab's gaze did not deviate from her. She rushed towards Hammad Mamu. After meeting Mamo, she went upstairs to Sana. Zaryab smiled. At least today, with a reflection of her in mind, he can sleep peacefully.

When he looked back, Hamad was upright. Zaryab coughed. Hide the smile which was on his face. He sniffed. "I came to see the arrangements here. Let us call everyone for dinner..."

"I have seen many shameless but not like you," Hamad said Zadyab smiled. "Now you have seen it," zaryab replied. Hammad shook his head. Disappointment crept on his face. "Disgusting. I saw how you were looking at my niece Shameless man," he said, zaryab eyebrows raised in surprise.

" My wife," Zaryab corrected him.

"Hunh?" Hamad said

"Not your niece. I was looking at my wife. It's Sunnah to see your wives with love and affection. Don't you see mami that way" he said. Hamad shook his head" I know what you are trying to do. Still, Zaryab, it's better to leave her alone. Stop disturbing her more. You guys are going to be separate and then she will marry another man at.." zaryab stopped him before he could carry on the rest of the sentence.

He scoffed, "Don't Mamu. She is my wife. At least you should not attach her name with na mahram or another man. We are not yet divorced?" he said. Their argument stopped midway when Zaryab glimpsed the sight of someone heading dubbatta down from stairs. Mehmal grabbed one corner of the Dutta. The rest of the corners were occupied by all the cousins, and they were bringing Sana from under it.

Mehmal did the first Rites (Rasam), which made Zaryab's Aunties upset " why not Anaya here? It's her right by what Mehmal is doing. She is soon getting a divorce, but that is how shamelessly she attends the wedding. Anaya came to me. I told her even Mehmal accepted the marriage soon. Zaryab will leave this foreign girl. Women like them can't make their house. You haven't seen her dressing at weddings; she wore sleeveless bareback dresses. Tubah. At what right is she doing the Rasam" Zaryab's aunts were discussing. Everyone, including Sania, listened to their conversation except Mehmal, sitting on the stage.

"By my wife's right, "Zadyab replied.

"Being the elder daughter-in-law of this family. Maybe you don't know that Anaya's chapter is over. The eldest daughter-in-law of this family has come. She has shown Anaya her place by sitting at her rightful place. And yes, she may come from abroad, but the cultural norm and ethics come to her more than you, Tayi. She knows how to build her house. She compromised everything. It's zaryab bhai. Your Well cultured groomed boy couldn't save his house, so tell me, tayi and phupho, a foreign girl knows more about marriage and compromise than our son who was groomed here in Pakistan." Sarah said without fear that she didn't like Anaya and that it was his brother's fault. She stopped coming to her parent's house because of her brother. Zaryab's Aunts blinked in shock at Sarah's Outburst. Zarmeena stood from that place " I can't sit here where your sister-in-law and your sister talk rubbish about my Niece. Zaryab goes upstairs people need some clarification regarding Anaya," Zarmeena said to Qureshi Sahab, who looked at their sisters furiously. Sania, too, stood. She was quiet because of her brother the other thing she didn't care about was their assumptions.