Information

There's a lot of information on this page.  You don't have to read every single word, but you should be familiar with the parts that go over 1) Your character's species, and 2) The character role(s) you're going for.

This apply fic is inspired by star trek, but it doesn't actually take place in the star trek world. The world should develop over time as I tell stories about it, but here's some basic info you might use while making your character:

This story takes place in the 2500s, the 26th century. At this point in time, humans have joined a galactic alliance with two other species, the Elithians, and the Toraxans. The government of this alliance is jointly ruled by the three species, and commonly refered to as the "Triliance". Though none of the three species would be a major power on their own, as a group, the Triliance's combined power makes it a major player in galactic politics. The Elithians led the unification effort, so the 28-hour Elithian day is standard, as is the main Elithian language.

The majority of the characters in this apply fic will be member's of the Triliance's military, and working on the starship Odysseus*. The Odysseus is mostly intended for exporation, but is equiped to handle virtually any job the Triliance needs it to do. It has about 300 crew members, and a few civilians.

The Odysseus has two engines, one that can travel at any sub-light speed, and a hyperspace drive that allows the ship to take shortcuts through the fabric of space for faster-than-light travel. All characters are equiped with a wristband that lets them communicate with other crew members, and preforms a few other basic functions. It also has a number of dinghys, smaller ships used for travling at sub-light speeds, or landing on planets.

The Odysseus is largely a military ship, but it often houses civilians, such as foreign diplomats, people who sell food, or visiting families of crew members. That said, few civilians actually live on the ship.

*Some of you may be wondering why this ship has an earth name if Elithian language is standard. Triliance ships may be named from any of the languages from their home worlds.

Now here's some information on the two other species in the Triliance, as well as some information on what stands out about humanity when compared to other galactic species:

Elithians are humanoid mammals with short brownish fur, who were originally semi-aquatic. They are about human-sized. They are known for their agility/reaction time, and their perceptive tendency to take in the big picture. Compared to other cultures, Elithian culture emphasizes mental thought, unorthodoxy and uniqueness, and a wide berth of expertise.

Toraxans are reptilian and can have coloring that ranges from pale grey to dark silver, with a varying degree of bluish tint. They are cold-blooded, and slightly smaller than the average human. They are known for their physical strength, and capacity for lazer focused thought/drive. Compared to other cultures, Toraxan culture focuses on specialization, ambition and success, and tight-knit groups and relationships.

Humans are known for their excellent immune systems/endurance, and skill at quick thinking/improvisation. Compared to other cultures, human culture emphasizes physical and personal skill, activity and energy, and social dominance.

I need a roughly equal amout of applicants for each race, and will let you know if I'm getting too many or not enough of a particular race.

Fun facts about the different species:

-Humans require less sleep than other species

-Elithians see being an artist or creator as one of the highest callings. Toraxans don't care what you do as long as you're the best at it.