Form

Because I need to many characters, the deadline isn't until July 24th (EDIT:  The deadline is not July 24th, it will be pushed back and reassigned in a couple weeks). However, I really do need lots of characters to choose from to create the best-balanced team I can, so I encourage everyone to submit several characters each. Remember, your form does not need to be all that detailed.

Make sure to read all the stuff in parenthesis, because it's pretty important.

=A BRIEF INTERMISSION=

EDIT:  After receiving the first few forms, I thought I'd update you guys on what kinds of characters I still need:

-I have slightly more females than males

-I have plenty of security team characters and could use a few more science team characters

-I have lots of Toraxans now, I don't need any more Toraxans.  I still need Elithians and Humans.

These aren't orders or anything, just advice for those of you considering what kind of character to create.

=END INTERMISSION=

FULL NAME: (Elithians tend to use lots of vowels and softer consonants, while Toraxans use hard consonants and tend to have one or two syllable names. Elithians tend to have longer names, and like nicknames. Toraxans also have two family names, one for their immediate family, and one for extended family.)

NICKNAME:

AGE: (If they're part of the crew, they should be at least 23, probably more. If they're less than 28, they have a lesser chance of getting a ranking position (though it's not impossible), and characters on the younger side will be less likely to be captain.)

SPECIES: (If it's not one of the main three, you should have a good reason. Clear it with me if you want your character to be of a non-Triliance species. I'm hoping for roughly equal amounts of the main three species, if I'm getting too many of one or too little of another, I'll stop accepting forms for that species.)

GENDER:

SEXUALITY:

PHYSICAL TRAITS: (Include both appearance and a brief description of their athleticism (or the lack thereof).)

(Skip this section if you're a civilian)

TEAM(S): (Everyone has one team they're assigned to, but you might include other areas you have training in. For example, if your character is a combat medic, they might be security team with training in medical team (or vice versa), or if your character is an expert on hyperspace travel, they might be science team with training in engineering (or vice versa). If you're going for Captain of First Mate, this team will be the one you had before you were promoted.)

SPECIALIZATIONS: (You can choose from the list under your team, or make up your own. I'll let you know if your specialization doesn't work for whatever reason. You can have multiple specializations, but don't go overboard. 0-2 is usually good. You don't NEED any specializations, generalist characters are fine.)

PREFERRED ROLES (if any): (If you're interested in something like Captain or Chief Medic, let me know here).  EDIT:  I should have added this earlier, but if you don't care what role you get but are interested in a major role, you can just say "Any role", or something like "I prefer (role), but any role as a second choice".  

PERSONALITY: (You don't need to be too detailed, some of their personality will develop over time as I get used to writing them. That said, I do need more than just a bullet list for this category.)

STRENGTHS: (At least three)

WEAKNESSES: (At least two. Weaknesses are traits that will harm your character, like recklessness or disorganization. Weaknesses are usually bad, but don't reflect badly on your character's integrity.)

FLAWS: (At least two. Flaws are traits that will harm other characters, like holds grudges or lies to make themselves look good. Flaws might not hurt your character, but usually reflect badly on their integrity.)

AMBITIONS: (Future goals? Do they want to captain their own ship? Become super rich? Beat their childhood nemesis in a swordfight?)

FEARS: (Both physical fears (like spiders) and mental fears (like being forgotten))

PUBLIC FACE: (How they act around strangers)

WRITING RECOMMENDATIONS: (I reserve the right to alter them for the sake of the story, but this section will serve as a general guide as I write. How do you see them acting?)

HISTORY: (Where did they grow up? Why'd they join the Triliance military? What kind of missions have they been on before this, if any? I'll let you know if anything you put doesn't work for whatever reason. Again, no need to be too detailed as much of this will develop later on.)

FAMILY: (Where do their relatives live? Are they married? Do they have any kids living on their home planet? Any siblings?)

HOBBIES/SKILLS: (At least one hobby and at least one skill)

MISCELLANEOUS: (At least three. These are fun facts about your character.)

QUOTES: (At least three.)

Are you okay with having a love interest?:

How do you feel about your character dying?:

CIVILIAN-ONLY QUESTIONS

Describe their role here: (If they live on the ship, what are they doing there? If they're a freelance scrap metal scavenger, what connects them to these characters? If they're a foreign ambassador, which country are they representing? (I'll work with you to design it). Are they here to shop? Sell? Spy? The possibilities are endless. If you make a civilian, I'll almost certainly contact you about fitting them into the world.)

PASSWORD ONE:

PASSWORD TWO:

TAGS: (At least four, or you can announce on your message board)

SUBMIT YOUR FORM HERE:  Also, please submit your form in a single comment chain.  When you run over into a second comment, comment it as a reply to your first one.

Any questions?