The Gifted Clans Trilogy

The Gifted Clans series is a newly-debuted trilogy by the new author Graci Kim. It has two books out and has one more titled book coming soon. Set to become a Disney Channel series, these novels are the first Rick Riordan Presents works to be written in the first-person, present-time point of view.

 Set to become a Disney Channel series, these novels are the first Rick Riordan Presents works to be written in the first-person, present-time point of view

THE LAST FALLEN STAR

Release Date: May 4, 2021

336 pages

Riley Oh can't wait to see her sister get initiated into the Gom clan, a powerful lineage of Korean healing witches their family has belonged to for generations. Her sister, Hattie, will earn her Gi bracelet and finally be able to cast spells without adult supervision. Although Riley is desperate to follow in her sister's footsteps when she herself turns thirteen, she's a saram--a person without magic. Riley was adopted, and despite having memorized every healing spell she's ever heard, she often feels like the odd one out in her family and the gifted community.
Then Hattie gets an idea: what if the two of them could cast a spell that would allow Riley to share Hattie's magic? Their sleuthing reveals a promising incantation in the family's old spell book, and the sisters decide to perform it at Hattie's initiation ceremony. If it works, no one will ever treat Riley as an outsider again. It's a perfect plan!

Until it isn't. When the sisters attempt to violate the laws of the Godrealm, Hattie's life ends up hanging in the balance, and to save her Riley has to fulfill an impossible task: find the last fallen star. But what even is the star, and how can she find it?

As Riley embarks on her search, she finds herself meeting fantastic creatures and collaborating with her worst enemies. And when she uncovers secrets that challenge everything she has been taught to believe, Riley must decide what it means to be a witch, what it means to be family, and what it really means to belong.

 And when she uncovers secrets that challenge everything she has been taught to believe, Riley must decide what it means to be a witch, what it means to be family, and what it really means to belong

THE LAST FALLEN MOON

Release Date: June 7, 2022

For Riley Oh, life as the Godrealm's last fallen star is not all it's cracked up to be. Her new divine heritage doesn't even come with cool magical powers; half of her friends and family (including her parents) can't remember her; and to top it all off, the entire Gom clan is mad at her for killing the Cave Bear Goddess and stripping away their healing abilities. But when their anger boils over and a group of witches curses Riley's home, she knows it's up to her to restore magic back to her clan – even if it means sneaking into the Spiritrealm. Luckily, Riley has some backup. Along with her sister, Hattie, Riley meets Dahl, a heaven-born boy with shockingly white hair and a fondness for toilets who might not be telling the whole truth about who he is. Together they'll fight vicious monsters, discover dark underwater worlds, and race to save the land of the dead from a fate that no one could have foreseen. And this time, Riley won't let anything get in her way. Because she can't shake the feeling that something terrible is coming their way – and the gifted community is going to need all the powers they can get.

THE LAST FALLEN REALM

Release Date: Spring/Summer 2023