Chapter Six: Sounding Like Myself

When we make it to Bandle City, one of the random destinations we decided to go to, we find a Bandle City citizen who was happy to take us in. 

        "So, how long have you been League of Legends champions?" Lulu, our generous host, asked us. She straightened out her apron, her red dress accenting her green eyes, the ones that glittered mischievously. She flipped her gray-ish, kinda silver hair out of her face. Her fairy pet, Pix she called him, fluttered behind her.

        "For pretty much forever," I answered, thinking of the first thing that came to mind. My friends all gave me weird looks. But I just turned away and stared at the wall, thinking about my other friend, Susan. She was probably already possessed, like Paul, the twins, and Jacob. I started to think a little harder about the game. I was Ashe for a reason. Leilah was Sejuani, Kaitie was Karma, Andrea was Syndra, Paul was Garen, and Jacob was Tryndamere. But why?

        "Wow, it must've been hard to experience the death." Lulu remarks. I listen in, but I don't turn my head.

        "Wait, you were in League of Legends?" Paul asks, suddenly curious. I'm also wondering, but I don't say a word.

        "Of course, there are some of us who have been in League of Legends for a very long time. I was called Lulu, the fae sorceress." I finally turned, gasping. 

        "You can get us back to Earth!" I exclaim. My friends turn to me.

        "But what about Susan?" Kaitie asks. I give her a determined look.

        "Well, we'll just have to find her first then." I say. The rest of them nod, but Lulu just looks confused.

        "What is Earth?" She asks, pronouncing our world's name weirdly. Jacob answers her.

        "We got sent to League of Legends when a blackout happened in Miss-I mean Ashe's house. But we originally lived in Earth, a world way far away from here." Lulu nods, as if she understood everything.

        "So you think, because I was a sorceress back in the day, that I can get you back to Earth?" She asks, uncertain.

        "Yes." We all answer. She shakes her head.

        "Oh no, no, no. I can't do that. That is experienced magic. I can only do support and damage spells, not spells that can get you home." She says, destroying all my hope to get home.

        "But there may be a way." She adds, and we brighten, "But you must all sacrifice yourselves.. Every one of you must die for the good of everyone else."

        "I'll do it," Paul says, and I shake my head fiercely.

        "No! You are not going to die, I won't let you." I tell him, and the rest of us agree, "And besides, we all have to sacrifice ourselves."

        "Then there is no other way." Lulu says.

        "I'm sorry," she adds, as if an afterthought. We all drop our heads, saddened. We may have to stay and fight in League of Legends forever. Then all my thinking has finally paid off.

        "Wait! I got it!" I say.

        "What, you know how to get us home?" Andrea asks.

        "No, but it's still good! I know why we are who we are." 

        "What do you mean?" Kaitie asks. 

        "I know why I'm Ashe, you're Karma, and whatnot." They look at each other, eagerly waiting for the answers.

        "It's all in our head. League of Legends took it out of our heads. My favorite character is Ashe, Leilah's is Sejuani, Kaitie's is Karma, and Andrea's is Syndra. Paul's is Garen, and Jacob's is Tryndamere." I say, getting excited.

        "So who is Susan?" Jacob asks. I think for a second. Who does Susan play many more times than all of the others?

        "Sivir," I say, "The Battle Mistress." I shiver. I know that Susan is possessed by League of Legends, and that Sivir is practically invincible. Just thinking about her gets me scared. 

        Lulu just stands at the head of the table, holding her teacup in her hand, thinking of something. I look at her, waiting.

        "I may be able to help you." She says. The rest of us look at her.        

        "How? You just told us you couldn't help us." Paul says, almost accusingly.

        "No, I said I couldn't get you back to your Earth. But I know how to get you to the Shurima Desert." She says. I was about to ask what that was, but my sister beat me to the chase.

        "Shuri-Where?" Leilah asks. 

        "The Shurima Desert. That's where Sivir lives. It's her domain, technically." She explains to us a little more about this desert, and then it's settled. We're going to the Shurima Desert at first light. 

        I groan mentally. I'm even starting to sound like Ashe.

A/N:

        So this is chapter six! Sorry for not making chapters this week, super busy, after all, school doesn't stop even if you're writing a novel! OOOH! I just hope they save Susan. That's all that matters. :P

-Starla Sunshine