Chapter Eight: Quick Death

"Ohmigod, there!" Leilah whispers fiercely. She points towards a figure in the distance, well, actually, two figures. My bow hangs limply at my side, and I feel tired.

Then Jacob gasps.

"It's Sivir, with," Then he gulps, uncomfortable, "With Renekton." And he's right, Sivir/Susan is sitting next to Renekton, cross legged.

"Wait, I thought they were enemies?" Paul asks, confused.

"Sivir's gone against Azir, her mentor!" Kaitie and Andrea say at the same time, looking at each other. 

"No, they're not, Sivir has her boomerang out." I say. We look back at the two, and I strain my ears to try and hear them. My friends do the same. Sivir stands up.

"I wouldn't even be talking to you, if Azir was here. But luckily, he's not." She walks around Renekton.

"Try anything, and I won't hesitate to skin you. And besides, I need some new boots." I stifle a giggle. Renekton growls. Then suddenly Renekton throws himself on top of Sivir. They tumble to the ground.

I try to stand up, to help Sivir, but Jacob pushes me back down. Paul gives him a dirty, yet jealous look, but he doesn't say anything.

At first, I think that Renekton is trying to hurt her, but then I realize something else. They like each other.

"Ew." Leilah says. Then suddenly, Renekton and Sivir stop slobbering all over each other, because that's whats technically happening.

"Stop, Ren. There's someone here." They both get up and look around.

"We have to go get them." I whisper, "Or really, Susan." I stand up, and when Sivir sees me, she gets a smug look on her face.

"You're far from home, Ashe. Be warned, ice melts in the desert." She taunts. Her eyes are not the same as Susan's. I need them to be. My friends all stand up. Sivir looks bewildered.

"I thought you and Sejuani were sworn enemies? And you two, Karma, Syndra? And how well do you know Garen? Oh at least, there's one thing right. Tryn and Ashe, how's the married life?" She asks. I redden, totally turning into a tomato. I would be surprised if there wasn't a green stem on my head.

"Come on, Susan, I know you're in there." I say, trying to get Susan to come out, like it did for everyone else. But it doesn't.

"What are you talking about? I'm Sivir, you fool." She says, getting confused, "Maybe the heat is doing something to you, Ashe. Go back to Freljord. And take your friends with you."

"Come on, Mis-Ashe. We have to come up with another plan." Jacob says. He holds his arm out and I take it. His presence feels nice, weirdly. How would it feel if I touched his face? But I shouldn't be thinking of Jacob, I should be thinking of sweet, funny, protective Paul. I shake my head, clearing my thoughts.

Paul roughly pulls me away from Jacob, and I lose the feeling. I sigh, and we walk away. As we go off in some random direction, Susan/Sivir calls out.

"Hey, Ashe?" I look back at her, "Don't tell Azir, okay? I don't want to get in trouble." I nod, and she smiles gratefully at me.

"Thanks, and for that, I'll give you a quick death on the battlefield." I scowl at her and turn around. We were going to get Susan back, no matter what it took.