Chapter 8

Damon's POV

Mariah was having a conversation with me while walking to the stadium.
"I don't think our mate believes you have a she-spirit, mate told him but" Mariah whimpers
"Most likely not, considering mom and dad tried their best to hide it until school. And considering he's deemed an omega for some reason didn't learn turning training class and his wolf seems like an ass" My eyes went wide.
"My mate is no ass, though his human does have a nice one" I rolled my eyes.
"Hey Chase"
He replied with "hmm"
"Why were you deemed an omega?" I ask him. We stopped walked and I put my hand under his face and lifted his chin to look up at my eyes. He tried looking down. Softly saying "My Mother"
My alpha tone came out "Don't ever look to the ground when speaking to me. EVER. You are my equal now I asked a question." He started to shake and almost scared and then my parents walked into the conversation. "Well well son did you complete the marking yet?" He pats my back. Dirty old pervert. Chases face went bright red. "Now Luke don't scare away his mate poor thing is turning red" Rosalynn, my mother, could always put my father in his place. Even being a soft natured women. A perfect Luna, trust me though don't piss her off. "Alright dear well let's get this ceremony started." Dad and I walked out onto the stage since the Alpha Ritual had to take place first.

Do you Son of Alpha King Luke and Queen Luna Rosalynn Swear by the Moon Goddess to protect this Pack and all Packs with your life?

"I Do" I say proudly to my father. Buffing my chest out.

My father asked the pack " Does anybody here Object and Wish to fight for the Title of Alpha against Damon?" Nobody answered.

"Then I Alpha King Luke pass my title to my son" he cuts both our palms and we shake "Welcome Alpha King Damon" the crowd screams and applauds. "Thank you Alpha King Luke for trusting me with the future of our pack"

Chase's POV

I poked my chest out being proud of my mate hearing his ceremony. His mom Rosalynn looked at me with disgust.
"Just so you know you will never be a true Luna to this pack. You never had my blessing to mark my son. You never had my blessing to be apart of this pack. My husband is soft by and cowardly." Then she whispers in my ear "Luke is not my real mate and I should have killed you when I had the chance" She walked away to the stage waving to the pack.
Zero was growling "I want to kill that bitch. Mother or not she is no true Luna. Not being with her Real Mate."
"Zero chill we have our mate and that's what counts" I hear my name called to the stage.

Damon's POV (haha sorry for changing it so much but I feel like this chapter is worth it, I'll try not to it so much unless y'all like it. Let me know please)

My mate walked onto stage. "Handsome, Mine, Mate me"
"You horny ass wolf chill out. Your lucky his wolf took over so we couldn't find our second chance"
Mariah growls at me.

The crowd finally settles down, wide eyed to see the omega standing on stage. I hear a voice yell "Why is that weakling on the stage? Where is our Luna?!" I hear a few grumbles in agreement. Chase looks down cowering, almost like he wants to run away. I hear his mind link "They don't want me" it's so sad my heart broke a little bit and Mariah whimpered. I wrapped my arms around his waist looking at the crowd.
Mariah comes up to the surface together. "Who dares question our mate and my equal. He is as much Luna as I am. He is mine. Stand up who questions."
Alpha Rodnick stands up. He's a few years older then me. Was a heavy player at the academy. We shared some good party times. "I do. Gay mates are fine but for our King I think not. We need an heir not a child of a Mad Woman." Before I could say anything I see my mates eyes turn Red and know that Zero is surfaced. He lunges out of my arms and tackles Rodnick. "Don't ever talk about my mother like that" Zero is throwing multiple punches and I quickly pull him off. As much as that turned me on I don't need a civil war. Plus it was wrong of him to say that.
"Zero stop. Let's get this ceremony over with." He grumbles, and comply so by picking me up over his shoulder and I hit his back. This is so embarrassing. "This is lovely". "Damn horny wolf stop purring."
I order in my Alpha Tone "Somebody take Alpha Rodnick to the pack doctor". A couple of people pick him up and carry him away. Back on stage Zero sets me down and sniffs our mark, calming himself.
"I, Alpha King Damon, have found my mate, King Luna Chase. Do you Chase accept this role and swear by the moon goddess to protect our pack as if they were our own children?"
"I Do" Chase/Zero stands up straighter completely straighter.
" Then let us run with our pack as one with I the New King and our Luna!" Everybody cheers and rips their clothes shifting. Eh it's just formal wear.
"Are you ready for this?"
"Why are you scared Mariah?" I shifted into my beautiful wolf and I heard my mate gasp.
"You really are a she spirit." All the wolves bow down to me as my mate is surprised. Mind linking him "are you going to shift or not?". Chase shuts up and shifts into his wolf. I howl. So beautiful. His wolf is the size of a true royal Alpha. Red eyes with grey fur and black matching my spots. Zero howls and leads the pack. I scruff and follow him. We all run the perimeter of our land. Those that could not keep up left. Just a handful of wolves were left. Zero said through the mindlink "This run is done everybody leave unless you want to see your king fucked",
"Oh Really Zero? You think you can mate me tonight?"
My mate nuzzles our snout and howls. "Have you forgotten the Luna ceremony ends the run with a good mating" Shit he's right. Mariah pushes to take over "Yes please make me your Luna." Before I can register anything. Zero is taking us not caring if any pack members are left or not. I howl in ecstasy.

I guess Mariah took over because I blacked out.