Chapter 3: Winter

I can't say I was expecting this picture, in my mind I had built up an image of a short, Caucasian teenage girl with purple hair, dark brown eyes, lots of freckles and a bob. Now I know, the image I had built up sounds pretty extreme and odd, but I was expecting nothing but pure strange stature and appearence to fit Shelly's description of her personality. Instead I am greeted by a teenage girl of my height (5'4"), Caucasian, long wavy dark blonde hair lightening as it went down, curved waist, and large blue eyes, long dark lashes lining them. She grinned at me and stuck out her hand for me to shake, which I did. "Nice to meet you! I'm Winter!" She lead me inside, but a large panting yellow dog excitedly kept me from entering. "Honey! Let the poor girl in!" I heard Winter call out from inside the house, and the dog ran back in.

I walked in, placing my suit case on her brown leather couch, and looked around. It was a cute little house with dark green walls and a little TV. The dining area was blue with a table in the center of the small led off of the living room. "Hey Hope! Come here and I'll show you your room!" Winter's voice came from the back of a hallway, and I followed her voice. I was led to a small room, with a twin bed and a bookcase. The walls were a silvery blue and the bedshets were black and white polkadot patterned.

"I know this house isn't much, but it should suit you just fine, now, right?" She smiled apologetically, although I'm not sure why. I liked this house, sure it wasn't a mansion, but a mansion isn't what I was expecting.

I replied with a nod and said, "Yeah, definitely! " and she grinned. Suddnely I heard a small, beep beep, noise, and Winter pulled a red flip phone from her pocket, pressing a button or two and the beeping stopped. She grabbed my hand and tugged me into a room just across the hall, with a poster of a video game i didn't recognize on the door.

After Winter placed a "recording in process" knob hanger on the door, she shut it behind her and pressed a button on a computer monitor, causing it to hum to life. She tugged on some bulky pink headphones, and smiled at me with enthusiasm. Counting down from five on her fingers, I watched the blinking green light on the microphone. The minecraft launcher lit the screen.
5
4
3
2

She grinned, raising her arms in the air in a victorious motion. "Hello lovely viewers! Redpandacakes08 here!".