Chapter 27

{Ophelia's POV, Valentine's Day} 

The next morning when I woke up, I felt Chris snuggled up behind me with his arm draped across me I heard him snoring softly behind me. I smiled contently and lightly kissed his arm I felt Chris stretch behind me and nuzzle my neck. 

"Morning babe." 

"Morning baby," 

I rolled over facing Chris, I leaned in and kissed him he playfully nipped my bottom lip I gently rolled him over onto his back and climbed on top of him. 

"I know that look you're up to something." I giggled, gazing down at Chris. 

"I don't know what you mean but pack an overnight bag." Chris replied casually. 

"What about Esmeralda?" 

"I asked my mom if she could look after Esmeralda for us and my mom agreed. Are you going to let me get up?" 

I shook my head no and giggled I climbed off Chris and leaned back against the headboard he sat up in bed and leaned back against the headboard. 

"Can I have a hint about the surprise is?" I asked hopeful. 

"No, you can't have a hint because it'll ruin the surprise." He replied, reaching over and holding my hand. 

I climbed out of bed and opened the bedroom door I left the room and walked down the hall I opened Esmeralda's bedroom door and peeked into her room. She's still sound asleep I closed the door I returned to mine and Chris's room I walked over to the closet and opened the door. I grabbed Esmeralda's gift bag off the top shelf I closed the closet door and left the room I walked downstairs. I entered the living room I walked over to the coffee table I sat Esmeralda's gift bag on the table I left the living room I entered the kitchen. 

"Mommy where are you?" 

"I am in the kitchen." 

Esmeralda came into the kitchen she walked over to me I picked her up and sat her on the counter. I turned on the coffee pot and fixed up mine and Chris's coffee mugs. 

"Mommy where's daddy?" Esmeralda asked. 

"He's still in bed." I answered. 

Chris came into the kitchen he walked towards the counter he kissed Esmeralda's forehead. 

"Daddy can I ask you something?" 

"Of course," 

Esmeralda looked at me for approval I looked at her and smiled. 

"Daddy can you please adopt me?" Esmeralda asked, in a wobbly voice. 

"I'll adopt you sweetheart." Chris smiled, lifting Esmeralda up and holding her. 

When the coffee was ready, I made the coffee and grabbed the coffee creamer out of the fridge and poured it into the mugs. I returned the creamer to the fridge Chris put Esmeralda down I handed him, his cup of coffee. 

"Esmeralda what would you like for breakfast?" 

"Pop Tart please," 

I grabbed a Pop Tart out of the cupboard and handed it to Esmeralda, she walked over to the table Chris and I made our selves a bowl of cereal. We joined Esmeralda at the table. 

"Esmeralda what would you like to drink?" Chris asked. 

"Apple juice please." She answered, opening her Pop Tart. 

Chris got Esmeralda a cup of apple juice he sat back down at the table and handed Esmeralda, her sippy cup. After breakfast I am upstairs packing Esmeralda's overnight bag while she is in the bathroom brushing her teeth. When I was finished her overnight bag, I made Esmeralda's bed and left the room. I entered mine and Chris's room and made the bed I felt Chris sneak up behind me and grab my ass I looked at him and smirked.