Ch. 6 - Curiosity

THE NEXT MORNING, I was cooking breakfast for me and Vanessa

THE NEXT MORNING, I was cooking breakfast for me and Vanessa. She came down as I flipped a pancake on a plate.

"Morning, Nessa," I told her as she scraped a chair against the floor.

"Good morning," she replied, quietly.

I cut up her pancake, and I added two pieces of bacon to her plate. I handed her the plate before getting her a cup of apple juice. Then I sat myself down beside her with my own plate.

"So, I was wondering, do you wanted to go hang out with Mrs. Lisa today? Her and the girls are going to the mall, and I'll give you some money so you can buy something," I said as she plopped a piece of pancake in her mouth.

Vanessa nodded, swallowing her food. "Yes! I need a new princess doll since I drawled on my old one."

I smiled,"Awesome. After we finish eating, we'll go find you an outfit."

"I think I'll wear a dress," she replied, grabbing her cup.

"Good choice," I said as we finished eating our food.

After we were done, I put our plates in the sink. I helped Vanessa down from the bar stool, and we walked upstairs to her room.

"Can you braid my hair today?" Vanessa asked me as I opened her closet door.

I nodded,"Yeah."

I spent a whole day learning how to braid hair. I used one of Vanessa's dolls and YouTube videos to help me.

"How about this one?" I asked, holding up a black and white stripped dress.

Vanessa nodded with a approving smile. "That's beautiful!"

I laid the dress out on her bed, and I grabbed her a pair of black leggings and underwear. She grabbed her clothes, and she walked out of her to her bathroom.

I sat on her bed, waiting for her. After five minutes, she came walking back in the room in the outfit.

"You look beautiful," I complimented her as she spun around, showing me the dress.

Vanessa smiled, and she grabbed her hairbrush and a hair tie. She handed me the things as she sat on the bed beside me.

I brushed through her long brown hair, getting out all of the knots. Once her hair was smooth, I french braided it, tying it at the end.

"We need a bow!" Vanessa exclaimed once I finished.

She ran over to her bow bin, and she picked out a white plain bow. I put it at the end of her hair, and she clapped her hands.

I grinned as I grabbed her gray fur vest and her Uggs. I handed them to her, and she put them on.

"Pack some toys to take with you as I get dressed," I told her, making her nod.