1 ◇ plague

Secret Sanctem - New York City, New York

"FROM THE DAWN of the universe, there was nothing," Wong explained as we stood within the Secret Sanctem.  Tony and I stood side by side, Bruce nearby us.  Wong and Strange presented in front of us, like teachers with a powerpoint - except the powerpoint was projected by their magic.

"Then, boom! The Big Bang sent six elemental crystals, hurtling across the virgin universe," Wong waved his hands as a projection of space propelled in the air, "These Infinity Stones each control an essential aspect of existence."

As Strange waved his hands, six Stones projected in the air and lit up as he mentioned them. "Space. Reality. Power. Soul. Mind. And Time."

He started fiddling with his necklace, and suddenly an emerald light emitted from it and revealed the Time Stone.

The green lights reminded me of Loki's magic and made my heart twist.  I looked away, staring at the floor instead of the green stone.  Bruce noticed my sadness and reached over, patting my shoulder.

Attentively, Tony crossed his arms and his usual goofy self was nowhere to be seen. "Tell me his name again."

Bruce answered for everyone. "Thanos."

I felt a stab to my gut, as if Thanos himself was in the room and hit me again.  Just the mention of his name sent waves of hate through me.  I didn't mean it, but my brain connected to my brokenhearted and I manifested a diamond sphere that rocketed itself into the wall with a crash.

The others looked at me in shock.  Tony raised his brows at me. "That bad, huh?"

"He's a plague, Tony," I seethed, fiddling with the ends of my cape as stress ate away at me.

"He invades planets," Bruce continued, "He takes what he wants.  He wipes out half the population—"

"He's the one that sent Loki!" I blurted, hearing myself say Loki's name again only amplifiying the hurt in my heart. "Thanos was behind the attack on New York, he was behind everything.  He's been the one pulling strings the whole time!"

Tony gulped, pursing his lips. "How long do we got?"

"No telling," Bruce answered honestly, running a hand through his hair. "He has the Power and Space Stones, that already makes him the strongest creature in the whole universe. If he gets his hands, on all six Stones, Tony..."

Grimly, and incredibly dramatically, Strange piped up. "He can destroy life on a scale hitherto undreamt of."

Hitherto-what? I thought, my brain glitching as I tried to break down Strange's weird wording.  Tony had the same reaction, though he voiced his opinion.  As he casually stretched against a cauldron like he was about to go on a jog, he questioned, "Did you seriously just say "hitherto undreamt of"?"

Strange cocked his brow and matched Tony's sarcastic energy. "Are you seriously leaning on the Cauldron of the Cosmos?"

Tony sent Strange a mockingly apologetic look. "Is that what this is—?"

Suddenly Strange's magic Cloak came to life and smacked Tony in the arm, getting an offended look from Tony.  He decided not to pick a fight with the Cloak, though. "I'm going to allow that," he shrugged off the Cloak's touch.