Character Updates

AUTHORS NOTE
This is not an update, just a further look into the character of Y/N Stark and how I think the MCU fandom would react to her.  While it's not heavily plot-focused, it adds more depth to our lovely leading lady and I wanted to add in some details that I can't exactly write (but if she was in the movies, the details would be SEEN), you know? :)

anyways. Skip if you want, or get to know Y/N Stark a little better <3

" mcu. "

The way she fights is more structured and harsh, unlike Wanda's smooth finger-dancey poses.
Y/N's power revolve around her use of diamonds, a polished and cut-throat tool.  Therefore, her movements are always intense, precise, and sharp; vs Wanda's more fluid and flowy hand movements.

When using a large amount of power, Y/N's eyes turn a shimmering white color.
Like Thor and Wanda, when using intense amounts of power, Y/N's eyes also change color.  Thor = blue lightning, Wanda = red haze, and Y/N = white, glittering light.

She's always had celebrity status.
Y/N was born in the 1920s, a few years younger than her brother Howard.  The Stark family has always been in the spotlight.  She was a well-known face to the public, always supporting her brother at his events that showed off his technology.  In fact, Steve and Bucky had both seen Y/N in newspapers and spotted her during parades and public appearances— Bucky will admit she was his first crush (Steve will also admit it, though not as bluntly as Buck).
Her socialite status also meant when she was kidnapped by HYDRA in the late 1930s, it was front page news.

Y/N's first appearance in the MCU begins in Avengers (2012). 
She is mentioned in Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, and has an entire post credit scene in Iron Man 2 showing Nick Fury and Natasha Romanoff discussing whether or not to reveal her present status & location to Tony.  In Avengers, she is recruited to the team by Agent Coulson, the person who first got through to her after Natasha Romanoff and Clint Barton discovered and capture Y/N during a HYDRA infiltration mission three years prior.  After two years of rehabilitation into the modern world and hundreds of hours of therapy, Y/N lived a quiet life owning a small jewelry shop in Rhode Island.  She did not want to ever use her powers in violence ever again, but Coulson managed to convince her to join the team.

Unlike Bucky, Y/N didn't lose any of her memories.
HYDRA wanted to keep Y/N's memories intact as a way to torture her further; using it as a mental game to remind her what she'll never get back (Howard, her luxurious lifestyle, reputation, etc).  They trained her and brainwashed her, creating her into a pristine attack dog.  She, much like Natasha and Yelena, was a successful assassin and thief.  Natasha and Clint were tasked by Director Fury to collect Y/N.  The mission was successful and it was only a matter of time before HYDRA's brainwashing was reversed by SHIELD specialists, agents, Natasha and Clint, and Agent Coulson.

Steve recognized her right away, but Tony did not.
Steve was incredibly taken aback by the idea someone else from his time (the early 1900s) was also alive, and this fact was the first thing they bonded over.  After the events of Avengers, the two remained incredibly close as they shared a unique feeling of nostalgia and longing for a time only they were alive to see.

Tony almost had a panic attack when he first met her.
His brain glitched and couldn't get over the fact she was alive and superhuman.  He put on a brave face but privately freaked the f*ck out.  After talking with Pepper (she was optimistic and excited to meet Y/N), Tony realized he finally had something he never thought he would get back: family.

Y/N lives in the Stark Towers penthouse.
After the events of Avengers, Tony gifted Y/N with ownership of the Stark— later remained Avengers— Tower, and she happily accepted.  He and Pepper moved back to the Malibu mansion, while Y/N relocated to New York and moved into the Tower's top few floors.  She remained reclusive to the public, however, and was rarely seen out.  After the events of Iron Man 3, Tony and Pepper moved back into the Tower and Y/N was more than excited for the extra company.