One

One simple phrase.

"Will you marry me?"

It turns the worlds of both man and woman, as well as everyone else around them, upside down.

Marriage: a wonderful and joyous occasion, a celebration of the lives of two people being entwined together forever with their wedding vows and of course, their wedding rings. From the marriage, perhaps a new life would be born into the world, yet another event to celebrate with their friends and family.

Gojou Satoru was given the chance to experience this, along with his fiancée; a beautiful woman named Fukutashi Iori whose body was one that every other female specimen would kill for. Her skin was fair, her hair was luscious and was so immaculately brown. Her eyes were akin to marble orbs, glossy and big, a shade of creamy coffee filling her irises. Her legs and arms were slender, perfect for any type of clothing. She was perfect.

A perfect woman for a perfect man.

Everybody had bet on their relationship, sure that they would be wedded in time to come(which is now), for who else could possibly be fit for someone like Gojou Satoru? one of the top ten richest bachelors in the country according to Vogue Japan.

With everyone predicting that Iori and Satoru would get married, it was needless to say that when word spread amongst the office, eventually seeping into the ring of upper class-men, that just a wedding wouldn't be enough.

Not for 300 hundred people(half of them weren't even related to the couple and were simply business partners or friendly conglomerates), for sure.

It was why there was a need to hold an engagement party, so that the two families would have the chance to reduce the invitations being sent out for the wedding. Even if they did enjoy basking in the limelight and boasting about their children's wedlock, they still had the mind to limit the guests to their relatives and friends.

On the 16th of February, a time where spring was breaking into the atmosphere of Japan, the Infamous Kenrokuen garden of Kanazawa was entirely booked out by the Gojou family to host their guests for the engagement party.

Food stalls and trucks were called over, a temporary bar was set up by the lake, even a personal chef had been paid to come by and set up a small pop up shop, given the opportunity to sell himself to some of the richest people of Japan. How could he refuse?

White veils and flower bombs decorated the area, making it clear to anyone who stepped in that this event was to celebrate an engaged couple. Dozens of high tables and chairs were laid out across the garden spaciously, with a jazz band being hired as well to lead the music for the day.

At the front of all the tables and chairs, away from the food stalls and the bars, was a pavilion painted white as well, several seasonal flowers entwined between its walls to fit the mood.

All this certainly costed a ton, but it was nothing to a family who dominated the business industry of Japan, and the main contributor of the country's economy.

The power couple of the decade now stood in the pavilion, kickstarting the engagement party at the stroke of the afternoon, where the sun was fully up in the sky, providing a wonderful weather for everyone present to enjoy. 

"Thank you everyone for coming today, it's truly pleasing to see that so many people came to our party. Please enjoy yourselves and help yourselves to the food and drinks!" Iori greeted the crowd with a soft bow, taking the initiative to speak. Her fiancé giving everyone a casual smile as he passed a glass of champagne to his dearest.

Sliding an adoring arm around her small waist, they clinked their glasses, before raising it towards the crowd. Hoots and jeers rose from them, several people also raising their glasses in a toast as they indulge in their first alcoholic drink of the day.