Five

NOTICE: So far my updates have been surprisingly consistent, but school term is here, and so I've to push this book aside for awhile as much as I want to write. I'll try my best to post a chapter at least every weekend or less! In the meantime, I hope this book is okay so far. As usual, I'm sorry for any errors I missed out and thank you so much for reading!

(Also I hope this chapter isn't too dry)

Love,
Blue

—————————————————

Golf.

It's a game of ball-and-club that's beloved by several groups of people- most of which consisted of the rich and privileged.

Aki didn't understand what was so fun about it, since it was just a simple act of shooting a ball into a hole. She'd much rather bowl or do archery than waste her time on such thing.

Yet, out of consideration for Toji who invited her to attend the golf meet that he was holding for other well known people in the industry to play with(in exchange for hearing his partnership deal out previously), the woman found herself in the vast open golf field on a Wednesday afternoon.

Turf grass covered the entire golf area, giving it a beautiful shade of green. Several golf carts were travelling back and forth between the different stations, most of them being Toji's guests gathering at a central spot to begin a friendly game.

As much as Aki had grown accustomed to being out of her comfort zone over the years, the feeling of being out of place easily came back to her, now that she was standing in front of many elite golfers who knew their stuff, while she didn't know a single thing about it.

It was only because of the youngsters of the Zen'in clan, namely Megumi and the twins, Maki and Mai, that inclined her to stay and chat with them as they weren't really interested in a game of golf either.

According to them, they were simply 'dragged here' by their parents.

"I thought I invited you over to play golf, not mingle with the kids." Toji joked, approaching the ash grey haired woman who stood at a quieter spot of the field with said kids after noticing that she wasn't particularly joining in, watching the others swing their clubs and see the golf balls fly high into the sky.

Crossing her arms, Aki gave him a very impassive look. "You should remember that I'm only here out of kindness."

"How touching." The man retorted sarcastically, swinging his club about casually.

Megumi, who had managed to pick up the woman's discomfort at such a big gathering(because he wasn't a 'people' person either), gave his father a nudge. "Quit bothering her. She doesn't want to."

"Oho? First time I see you standing up for someone, you rascal." Toji grinned, ruffling his son's already messy hair with a hand. "Come on, Aki. If you don't know the game, I'll teach you, it's actually pretty simple."

He cocked his head, tossing his own club into the air and catching it smoothly, before handling it to the said female.

Raising a brow, based on their business discussion that time in the cafe, the ash grey haired woman came to realise that the other could be incessantly annoying when he was dead set on achieving something. In this case, it was getting her to try out golfing.

And Aki wasn't in the mood to deal with his egging today.

So, with a sigh, she took the handle of the club, and gestured towards the open field in front of them as a sign for Toji to guide her to the first course.