Six

This chapter might be a little dry so I really apologise for that, along with the ridiculous word count.. Nevertheless, I hope you'd enjoy reading this chapter, and thank you for doing so!

Sorry for any errors I missed!!

——————————————————

That was a complete disaster.

Everything about Iori's little trip to the golf course with her husband was a total disaster; from the moment they'd stepped foot into the place, it was already set in stone that the smallest hopes of being a normal husband and wife(somewhat) were crushed. And playing a friendly game of golf with Aki and Toji did nothing but make things worse, not just for that day itself, but every other consecutive day after that.

Satoru's mood swings were even more turbulent than before. Even on better days where he seemed relatively calm, all it took was one small mistake of his wife or any of the staff in his office to send a torrent of inconsolable rage for the rest of his hours. Not only that, but contrary to the last few times where Aki had somehow or rather caused him to have a mental breakdown that'd last between a week or so, the white haired male had now began to push Iori away.

Both as a wife and as a person as a whole.

Seeing the ash grey haired woman being with not just anyone but his rival, someone whom he'd been taught to view as an arch enemy for life until Zen'in Corporate falls through the cracks, reignited something completely different from what he initially aimed for in the beginning.

Seeing her with Toji, laugh with him, sing praises for him, touch him, look at him the way she hadn't been doing so towards Satoru.

All the things she did that were supposed to be meant only for him, were now given to someone else, and a person she'd only just begun to get to know properly at that, considering that Toji and Aki never actually held a proper conversation with each other when they were younger because of her brother.

All these little actions, these thoughts, relit a  flame of strange determination which was once dispersed after being extinguished by the female's impassiveness and lack of care for whatever he did or said. Though, his determination this time wasn't to get a simple reaction from her or just break her stoic facade, but to earn back her recognition of him, the admiration that only she would give to him, and the touches and comfort that were meant only for him.

They were actions that nobody could replicate, or even be anywhere close to the way she did it.

Not even Iori, whom the white haired man admitted that she was the closest out of any other woman he's ever come across to be so similar to Aki from the past.

And it was exactly because of that, that he begun to shun her. She could never be like Aki, no matter how much she tried, or how much affection she gave to him.

He was hungry to have only those grey eyes, no matter whether they had emotions in them or not, be on him.

Not just for a few seconds, or a few minutes, but for hours, each and every single day.

However, the male was still constrained by the duties of a loyal husband, who was thoroughly living his best married life with his true love.

He still had to uphold the fact that his marriage could bring wonderful benefits to the company, and the last thing Satoru would want was to deal with rumours of their marriage being a hoax floating about. Even though it wasn't a surprising thing if people found out, it would still put a bad light on the chairman, especially when the world has now relaxed its grip on conservativeness.