Three

Since the wedding day, Iori knew that every act of affection that Satoru showed to her, every kiss he gave her, were all out of anything but love. It was just something that allowed him to show everyone present at the wedding(and the eyes of the public as a whole) that he was a loving and dutiful husband, who married the love of his life. All that gave him the credibility that he did, in fact, value the sacredness of marriage, and the wedding vows they swore to on that day.

She only wished it was truly like that behind closed doors; because when they were left alone that night after they were transported home via Satoru's Royce, the first thing he did was to yank out his tie and the wedding ring Iori had slid onto his finger in front of their family and friends, and slammed the bathroom door in her face.

He never once looked at the brown haired woman, who silently watched on worriedly, and of course, with hurt in her eyes. Not even in the car, where his eyes were peeled on the scenery outside rather than on her.

This was not how she foresaw her first night to go.

Instead of night filled with intimacy and joy, she was faced with the utter coldness of the white haired man, who refused to look at her, and turned a cold shoulder on her as he turned into bed straight after he'd bathed- all the while where Iori hadn't even gotten out of her wedding dress yet, and stared at Satoru who was freshly showered, dressed in a simple black tee and sweatpants. His back faced her side of the bed, brows furrowed with obvious irritation.

The woman's heart wrenched.

Was this how it was going to be from today onwards? A wife whose husband didn't love her back? A person who lives in a house with someone who would never return the same love she had for him for the rest of her life?

To make matters worse, she also never understood the drastic change in her husband, who didn't seem to be as annoyed as he was over the wedding until the time they got into his car, and the windscreen had rolled up between the backseat and the front.

Although Iori knew that the only reason why Satoru pulled out her chair for her, had a hand on her waist, placed kisses on her forehead, and said 'I do', was all just an act, his attempts to keep things neutral between them when they had no eyes on them had never been so bad before.

Satoru had never been so cruel to her before.

Sitting at the edge of her bed, she chewed on her bottom lip, fingers fiddling at the ring on her fourth finger. She didn't know what, why or how the man's behaviour had suddenly changed so drastically. Everything had been going so well at the wedding, no one ever said anything which may have offended her husband.

Even Aki, who was present at the wedding after all, did not confront them, and left early to attend to some matters(she'd heard this from Shoko when they went around raising toasts with every single table).

And the more she thought about it, the more her heart gave a painful beat. Perhaps it finally hit Satoru how much he actually didn't want this marriage to happen, and realise that he was bound to a baggage like her for life.

All for the sake of the GI group, the company his father created and nurtured his entire life.

"The hell are you just sitting there for?" His sharp voice cut through the air that was thick with silence, his cerulean eyes glaring at her through hooded lids as he lifted his head slightly.

"Oh, nothing... it's just—"

"Hurry the fuck up. The lights are annoying me." He grumbled, the annoyance clear in his tone as Satoru laid back down on his pillow and adjusted his position on his side once more.