6. || Dreams and Goals ||

Upon entering the rehearsal hall, Raghav took a pensive look around and found Ms Annalisa sitting on a chair near the stereo set. He knocked on the door, grabbing her attention.

"Oh, are you here for the audition for the team?"

"Yes Ma'am I am."

"Come on then, I don't have much time for today. Give me your name and stand here."

"I'm Raghav Malhotra, third year student."

"Ready when you are Raghav!"

Raghav nodded his head and got into position. He had practiced for this and yet nervousness had made its way into his mind.

Soon enough the music started and he began his performance.

------ amazing performance brought to you by Sumedh ------

As he finished his performance, he saw Ms Annalisa smile to herself and relief filled in his mind. He took his bow and switched off the stereo.

"Gotta say, you're really good at popping. Last I saw a performance this good was when Reyansh was here!"

Getting compared to Reyansh Singhania was the best compliment he had gotten so far.

"Thank you Ma'am, that means a lot to me!"

"I'll see you soon Raghav."

With a nod, he left the room. Karthik was waiting for him outside.

"Hey buddy! How did it go?"

"Pretty damn good if you ask me. I'm sure she was impressed. Also, she compared me to Rey!"

"Woah! That's some high praise! I'm very happy for you"

"Yeah, let's go. I have a lot to do."

Smiling like idiots, they both left for their homes. Krish and Priyanka had already left for home.

------ at Shravan's home -----

"Bhai, did you not audition for the dance team?"

"Not yet. I'm not sure if that's what I want, atleast for now."

"But it's your dream, isn't it? To become a dancer, like Swayam Shekhawat?"

"It is but I can't be selfish and think about myself only. You know mom needs financial help. I can't put more burdens on her. I need to get a job and help her."

"But Bhai-"

"No ifs and buts. I know I am jeopardizing everything I worked for but all I know is I won't let Maa suffer anymore."

Aadhya nodded her head and left for her room. Hearing these words from her brother felt like a fever dream. All she knew about her brother was that he was kind, loyal and he wanted to follow in the footsteps of Swayam Shekhawat. Coming from a middle-class family was never easy. They both had to face humiliation in school as well as college. Even though, they felt no shame in being middle-class, the everyday torture was still hurtful. And now, the words of those people were taking effect. Shravan was about to give up his life long dream.

"No, I'm not letting him ruin his dreams. I know what I have to do."

With that, she ran to room and grabbed her phone.

"Aai, please, I'm really tired! Give me a parantha atleast!"

"No. No. No. First go and take a shower. Only then will I give you anything to eat"