𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏: 𝕾𝖕𝖞

A/N: Thank you so much for the 170+ votes and 4.1k reads! I know I didn't update last month but I was busy with finals. I'm more free for the next two months but since I have internships and jobs, my updating schedule will still be once a month. 

I hope you enjoy!

Chapter 7: Spy

Start... 

"What are you saying, Norman?" Ray asked, feigning ignorance.

"You should understand the situation already," Norman said. "I didn't stop at two traps. 'I'll tell Don that the ropes are hidden underneath my bed. For Gilda, I'll say they're above the ceiling of the second floor bathroom.' That's what I told you, (y/n), and Emma. But in reality, I told Don they were in the living room and told Gilda that they were in the library."

He held up a bag, a few bundles of cloth ropes dropping out of the bag onto the bed as he flipped it over. "Just now, I went around to recollect all of the extra ropes. The only ones that were gone were the ones under my bed. That just means that Don... was merely framed. Ray, you are the source."

Ray didn't say anything, stepping back before falling onto the bed behind him. He then started laughing, catching the platinum-haired boy by surprise. "Man, just when I thought things were going as planned," Ray said after his laughter died down. "You're quite the softie so I assumed that I could get away with deceiving you guys for a little longer. But it seems like you've found me out a lot faster than I thought."

Ray sat up, a smirk on his face as he sat up. "You're right. I'm Mama's spy," he confirmed, facing Norman. "Since when did you suspect me?"

"Ever since the night that Sister Krone came here," Norman answered. "That night... so right away, huh," Ray said, chuckling dryly.

"Honestly, I was sickened at myself," Norman admitted. "For suspecting the two of you first and foremost."

"So (y/n) too, huh. You really don't leave anyone out, do you?" Ray said, raising an eyebrow. "Yeah," Norman nodded, ashamed. "Aside from you, she had the highest chance of being Mama's informant. She was closest to both Mama and the other children so she certainly knows a lot. But you and I both know how loyal she is. There was just no way she would betray her family. But you on the other hand..."

"Okay okay," Ray said, putting his hands up in surrender.

"But you being the informant would be a worst case scenario for us. And from the enemy's standpoint, you being the informant would be the best case scenario," Norman said, frowning. "You would be able to influence the plans. It'd be perfect if their objective was to control the situation. There's nobody more suitable for this position than you, am I wrong?"

"'That's why I suspected you' right?" Ray finished.

"I truly hoped I was wrong. It was the worst imaginable situation possible," Norman admitted. "Ray, you've been Mama's spy for a long time, haven't you? There's no way she would trust an impromptu spy or a sudden secret report. So how long have you been Mama's spy?"

You were walking through the hallway on the second floor when you heard Norman's and Ray's voice from their shared bedroom. "Since a long time ago," you heard Ray say. You could only guess that Norman was confronting Ray about being Isabella's spy.

You remembered the time when you, yourself, had found out about Ray's role as Isabella's spy. You hadn't been able to figure it out on your own like Norman did and you coincidentally had been at the wrong place at the wrong time.

You stood outside Isabella's office, listening to the conversation between her and Ray. You had just barely recovered from the trauma of Diana's death, leaving you mute, but here you were, experiencing another shock as you discovered Ray's role.