00 | 𝗛 𝗘 𝗥 • 𝗣 𝗥 𝗢 𝗟 𝗢 𝗚 𝗨 𝗘

𝑠𝑘𝑟𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ

»»---------------------►

As my body shook with fright and my nerves were frazzled, I sought solace in the haven of my mind. I envisioned a vivid wonderland, bursting with vibrancy and cheer, where my woes were banished and my soul was free. That classroom was my sanctuary - the only place where I could dwell, alone with my rainbow-hued crayons and the cherished keepsakes of my heart. Here, I felt secure and unburdened, far from the worries and terrors that besieged me each day.

With my knees clasped close to my chest and my eyes clenched tightly shut, I battled to block out the clamor of the world. Despite my attempts at tranquility, my chest quivered with every beat of my racing heart. Though my battle against my fears was valiant, they grew only stronger as I concentrated harder to calm my disquiet.

Nevertheless, even in this tumultuous state, I clutched the image of my happy place like a ray of hope. I scattered myself in that still classroom, encircled by all my beloved trinkets and adored beasts, with my fingers skipping across the paper in a blaze of brilliant hues.

Before me lay a serene world of delicate butterflies, gracefully fluttering sunset moths, and an array of my favourite comfort foods. These familiar images brought me solace during my darkest moments of fear. As I focused my mind on their beauty, an all-encompassing peace slowly washed over me like the gentle waves of the ocean lazily lapping at a sandy beach.

Suddenly, a sound like shattered glass pierced the tranquil atmosphere. I flinched uncontrollably, sensing my heart racing as my mind raced to discover what had pushed my father over the edge this time. Had I done something wrong? Or was he simply taking out his frustrations on me, the innocent bystander? The overwhelming fear and uncertainty left me feeling helpless as I scrambled to hide from his unforgivable rage.

As I found myself huddled inside the closet, my mind desperately tried to make sense of what was going on. The walls seemed to be caving in, stifling the air and suffocating me. Fear and panic consumed me, but I battled to control it by focusing on my breathing. And as I gradually felt my frame start to loosen, I decided to transport myself to a peaceful haven I had crafted in my mind's eye.

I could see it all before me, that serene landscape that was my go-to happy place. The gentle breeze danced between the trees, the sky was a brilliant blue, and the hills rolled on endlessly. The moment I immersed myself in this calming world, I felt the grip of anxiety begin to ease. With each passing second, I could sense my inner strength galvanizing, replacing the torment with a sensation of quiet confidence.

With trembling hands and a racing heartbeat, I slowly emerged from my hiding spot, gripping onto the newfound courage that had awoken within me. Unsure of what the future held, I took solace in the safety and comfort of my own mind, knowing that it was my greatest weapon in this battle. And as my fear melted away, a powerful sense of hope and determination stirred within my soul, fueling my readiness to face whatever lay ahead with renewed strength and unwavering purpose.

My eyes stung with tears as I peered through the darkness, struggling to decipher the figure looming before me. And then, with a jolt of terror, I recognized the menacing presence of my cruel and abusive partner, standing mere inches from where I trembled.

My mind became a battlefield as I frantically searched for a way out of this suffocating situation. In a flash of hope, I managed to gather the courage to fight back. I struggled to break free from his grasp, my heart pounding with fear and determination. As I pushed against him with all my might, I felt his hold slowly start to weaken.

My eyes met his, and for a moment, time stood still. I could see the hatred and anger still etched on his face, but I didn't cower. Instead, I stood tall and met his gaze with fierce determination. I refused to let him make me feel weak any longer.

With a final heave, I broke free from his grip and fled. As I ran, my thoughts became clearer and stronger. I knew that I had made the right choice, that I had finally escaped from the toxic relationship that had been holding me back for so long. From that moment on, I vowed to take control of my life and never let anyone make me doubt my own strength again.

But then, as if suddenly possessed by a force beyond my own understanding, I broke free from his grasp with a fierce determination. My body, fueled by an unyielding will for survival, shot into action as I took off into the horizon, leaving Dylan's cries of anger in my wake.

The wind whipped my hair around my face as I daringly ran towards a new future, away from the terror and pain that Dylan had wrought upon me for what felt like an eternity. In that moment, I knew that I had the strength within me to finally break free from his grip, and to finally claim my life back for myself.

As I collapsed on the ground, gasping for air and tears streaming down my face, I knew deep down that the journey ahead would be long and dark. But with every painful exhale, I also knew that I was taking the first steps towards a brighter future - a future that I would build for myself with every ounce of the newfound strength within me.

My thoughts were all jumbled, racing faster than my heart could beat. I knew I needed to come up with a way out, but my body felt like it was made of cement, weighed down by unimaginable fear. Every move made Dylan more aggressive, like a ticking time bomb about to explode.

Frantically, my eyes darted around the room, searching for something - anything - I could use as a weapon. But there was nothing. Just Dylan, towering in front of me like a brick wall, blocking any escape route. My heart sank as I realized I was powerless, at the mercy of his brute strength.

Stuck in this nightmare, I started pleading with him to let me go, but it only made things worse. With each passing second, the pain in my ribs grew sharper and more unbearable. It was a cruel reminder of how vulnerable I was, and how this trauma would linger long after the physical scars faded.

My sobs turned into gasps as my breaths became shallower and harder to take. Frustration and powerlessness boiled inside me, threatening to burst like fireworks on the Fourth of July. But I knew I couldn't lash out - that would only make things worse.

With trembling limbs and tear-streaked cheeks, I braced myself for the next wave of Dylan's fury. But instead, he released his hold on me and walked away, leaving me alone and broken on the ground.

As I struggled to regain my footing, I knew one thing for certain: Dylan's abuse was an unending cycle, a relentless parade of pain and misery that had stripped me of my pride and left me adrift in a sea of fear and uncertainty.

Amidst the endless fear of being attacked once again, I realized that I couldn't go on living a life of constant vigilance. Desperately, I yearned for someone to shower me with support and stride together through this struggle.

With each tear that rolled down my cheeks, I vowed to myself that I would fight tooth and nail to break out of this shackled existence. Determined as ever, I made a promise to sever Dylan's vicious grip and heal my life, step by step.