Panic Time

Anna POV

As mom laid beside me, she placed her left arm around me, squeezing me tight. She pulled me in as close to her as she possibly could. Her hug felt so warm, so comforting, so loving. I felt safe again. "Mom can I ask you something?"

"Sure sweetie."

"Do you hear me when I say goodnight to you when you and dad are away?"

"I do and I always she goodnight back and that I love you."

"I love you too mom."

"I love you most. Now let's get some sleep yeah. I promise nothing can hurt you."

Lorraine

She slowly closed her eyes as I put my fingers through her hair. Her hair was so soft and dark brown, just like her fathers. I hate having to leave my children when I'm away; I feel like a bad mom. I want to protect my babies all the time. Me leaving, though, helps pay to protect them and send them to school and make sure we have enough for medical bills if we have to. I remember when we came back from Amity, and I wouldn't come out of my room. All I thought about was how much Ed and the girls must be missing me and how much they needed me, yet I couldn't get myself out of bed purely in fear something bad was going to happen. I can't let anything happen to Ed or the girls; they are my whole world. I can't even tell my daughter the truth that I don't really hear her say goodnight; it would break her little heart. How do you explain that sadly my so-called talent doesn't work like that? If only it sometimes did. I wasn't completely lying, though, because I do say goodnight to them and tell them I love them I just probably do it well after they have gone to bed. Most time, when we are doing cases, we are awake into the early hours of the morning because for a lot of families, that is when a lot more of the paranormal stuff happens. Maybe the dark just makes spirits feel safe, or demons maybe feed of it. I wish I had all the answers, but I don't. All I know is I have to protect the girls and Ed.

Halfway through the night, I heard Anna hyperventilating in her sleep. Did this happen more than I thought? I softly shook her, trying to wake her out of the nightmare, but she didn't wake. So I laid close to her, whispering that she was okay, I was here, and she was safe. But it didn't seem to work. I need to get Ed; this can't be good for her. I slowly lifted the sheets and ran into Judy's room, waking them both up. "Ed hun I need you to come wake Anna up she is having a bad attack again." He got up as I told my other daughter her sister was alright. We headed back into Anna's room as she was sat up wide awake looking at her wardrobe. We both stood still, not quite sure whether she was actually awake. "No please I'm sorry." Nope, she is still completely out.

"Anna princess I need you to wake up. It's okay don't be scared." He shook her as her eyes closed again and reopened.

"Dad?"

"Your ok princess we just had to wake you because you were breathing funny again."

"Lorraine I think we need to have a word with a doctor about this."

"I'll call them in the morning." He walked back towards me as he kissed my cheek and closed the door behind me.

"Mom wasn't wrong with me." Anna began to sob, and I felt awful.

"Oh baby nothing is wrong with you." I got back in beside her taking her in my arms. "We just have to make sure that everything is okay and that it's not affecting your body that's all. Sh, don't cry it's all okay, your safe here with me and your Dad." She started to cry. "Oh honey, oh baby it's alright. I'm here. Sh, Mom's here I promise I won't let anything bad happen to you okay. Just close your eyes I'll keep you safe." We slowly laid back down as I put my fingers in her hair again, softly rubbing her head. There was no doubt that she was beautiful, just like Judy but in a different way. I do wish Anna were better if it makes me feel worse when we have to leave her, I worry sometimes she won't be here when we get back. I began to feel really drowsy as my eyes started to close.