Why did it have to be me?

Anna

I could see in my mom's eyes she was just as scared as me. But, I think she took it well rather than being dismissive of me. "Mom is everything okay?"

"Yes Sweetie I am just thinking that's all." She put her arms around me tightly as she kissed my head when Judy walked back into the room with Dad. Dad bent down along with Judy in front of us. Mom looked up; Dad read her face straight away as he put his arms around her. Judy lent in towards me. I have no idea where Nana went.

"Lorraine what's wrong?"

"Anna can see like me." She began to sob into Dad's chest. I felt awful; maybe I shouldn't have told her. No wonder people think I am weird; my own parents are disappointed in me. I felt sick. I pushed Judy off me violently as I swung forward, covering my mom's lap in my vomit.

"Sorry."

"It's alright baby. Ed just run and get me a wet towel please darling. Judy just go help your Dad please." Judy looked so scared; I felt awful.

"I'm sorry Judy." She didn't even look at me. Mom pulled out a tissue from her pocket and wiped my face. She took the tubes out of my nose while she wiped around my nose, which was now bleeding. Dad came back with a towel as he wiped down Mom's knees and on top of her legs. He looked me over and smiled.

"It's alright Anna it was an accident. Your Mom understands."

"Oh baby of course I understand. Thanks darling for wiping me down. Just run and make sure Judy's okay please." He bent over and kissed her. Mom's eyes sparkled as Dad stood up and walked away. She moved up close to me again, putting her arms around me. "It's all going to be okay now I promise."

"Mommy are you upset with me?"

"No of course not sweetie. You aren't well being sick was an accident."

"No I don't mean that, I mean about what I have seen."

"I am not upset with you honey it's myself I am upset with. I wish that you didn't see it things like me. I am glad you told me and I need you to tell me always okay."

"Yes Mommy."

"Gosh you must be poorly calling me Mommy." I looked at her with a grin as she giggled and put her finger on my nose. "I'm only joking baby, but you can call me Mommy if you want."

"Mom stop. It's embarrassing. I just do it sometimes and don't realise."

"I don't think its embarrassing I think it's adorable. It reminds me of when you were little like Judy she always calls me Mommy."

"Mom you aren't going away again are you?"

"No why?"

"It's just Judy cries when you aren't here and I don't think I am strong enough to look after her as well."

"Hey you don't have to look after Judy, we are your parents even when we aren't here you have Nana. I now you girls miss us when we are away I get that, we miss you too but we have to help people sweetie. You know that and one day so will Judy."

"So you aren't leaving again?"

"No certainly not yet. I want to make sure you are alright again before we go anywhere. I promise."

"Okay." She pulled me in close again, kissing my head and rocking me slowly against the wall. Judy burst opens the door.

Lorraine

I nearly jumped out of my skin with the bang the door made as it hit the wall. "Judy my goodness you nearly frightened Mommy to death." She giggled as she sat down beside us.

"Mommy can we have dinner now?"

"Only if Anna wants to." One sister looked at the other.

"Okay I'm hungry. What do you want Judy McDonald's?"

"Yes. Yes Mommy can we get McDonald's?"

"Alright go and get your Dad and we can go get a McDonald's." Judy got up in a flash running back out the room. I have never seen her so excited about food before. Within seconds Judy was dragging Ed into the room with his confused look on his face.

"Daddy, Mommy said we can go to McDonald's!"

"Did she really?" I nodded and smiled at him as he grinned at me. I stood up, putting my hands out to Anna as I pulled her up. Anna went to Ed and putting her arms around him. I picked up Judy and put her at my waist as I kissed her cheek.

"Come on then girls lets go to McDonald's."

"Hey, I'm not a girl."

"You are my girl though Lorraine." He knew how to tease me. I hit him softly on the shoulder as Anna grabbed his hand. He looked at me in complete shock and laughed. I put my arm back under Judy as I held her up; she lent onto my shoulder.

"Mom we are going to McDonald's if you want to join us."

"Oh Lorraine you all look like a little family again. I think my work here is done. I am going to go home for a few days but if you need me for anything just ring the house phone." Mom walked up and kissed my cheek as she hugged and kissed the girls and hugged Ed. As she left, Judy looked really sad.

"What's wrong honey?"

"Mommy why is Nana going home?"

"Because we don't need her you have me and Daddy. Nana is only here when we are away." So we headed for the car. I strapped Judy in and helped Anna around to her side. As I got in the front, Ed smiled at me as he placed his hand on my right leg. I grabbed his hand as he pulled my hand towards himself and kissed it.

"I love you Lorraine."

"I love you too, now come on I'm hungry."