Chapter 14: Internship... Do I have to fight him?

(Y/N) was sitting on the train that was heading to Tokyo hugging his suitcase because he didn't trust on the floor, since it had wheels and didn't want it rolling about.

An hour passed and (Y/N) finally arrived at his destination. Suitcase in hand, he travelled to Edgeshot's agency building. He walked inside, checked in and took the lift(elevator for American Readers) all the way up to the penthouse. As the lift doors opened, shurikens were flung towards (Y/N)'s face, out of instinct, (Y/N) activate his quirk and made an ice wall that stopped the flying metal stars.

Edgeshot: "Impressive. You had a quicker reaction time than I had originally anticipated." He congratulated, doing a 1-inch punch and destroying the ice. "This is some strong ice... Now, you may be wondering why I gave you an offer to be at my agency, now the answer to that is simple; I simply saw you were suffering great drawbacks when you used your quirk. I wish to help you limit the drawback, so you don't become utterly useless after using your quirk once or twice in battle." He explained formally.

(Y/N): "Well... uhhm... This may sound awkward or rude... but I never thought for a second about why you would choose me. I just went with it." He said timidly.

Edgeshot: "Ahh..." A bit of sweat showed from underneath his hair. "Well... umm... Think more." He said after thinking a bit himself.

(Y/N): "Should we just get to training?" He asked, sensing the awkwardness in the air.

Edgeshot: "Yes." He said quickly. "First, put on your hero suit. Then we can begin." He instructed.

(Y/N) went into a different room and did as he was told. Soon he walked out in his hero suit with the scarf/mask in his hand, before putting it on outside of the room he changed in.

Edgeshot: "Good, now let's start on with the training. We're going to a different location, as to not trash my penthouse, we're going to the fifth floor." He said walking to the lift.

(Y/N) walked awkwardly beside him, ready to go down the majority of the floors he went up. It was a quiet ride down the floors, until Edgeshot decided to start a conversation.

Edgeshot: "You know, you're the first person that I've offered to intern."

(Y/N): "Wait what?" He asked flabbergasted. "What kind of potential do you see in me that you see in nobody else?" He asked.

Edgeshot: "Not potential... just you using your quirk in the most inefficient way possible. Yet it was powerful enough for you to win the sports festival just by blundering." He explained.

(Y/N): "...In other words, you saw potential with my quirk's effectiveness." He said.

Edgeshot: "*sigh* Yes. I saw potential." He admitted his defeat.

He lift doors opened to reveal a large gymnasium, with training dummies, targets, and more.

Edgeshot: "Take a good look around. You're going to spend most of your time here." He said walking his intern to an empty space. "I want you to activate your quirk in small bursts. What you're doing normally is just letting it loose all at once. It's making you colder, faster. Try and relax your body into the cold and your body should adapt." He said.

(Y/N): "That's... a smart idea. I'll try it."

And thus, began the training of adapting his body for his quirk. The first five attempts of small bursts were unsuccessful, but on the sixth, he managed it. He jumped for joy before slipping on his own ice and hitting his head, falling into unconsciousness.

(Y/N) woke up somewhere in the agency. With Edgeshot nowhere to be found. He got up slowly as the blood rushed away from his head, causing him to feel lightheaded. He shook his head a little to shake the dizziness and walked to the lift, where he opened it and pressed the fifth floor button. He walked inside the gym and walked to the empty space from before, the ice had disappeared, but there was a little bit of water on the floor, from where the ice had melted.