Chapter 1

My knees hit the ground with a thud, most likely causing a bruise.

I reached my hand out to the man in front of me, tears running down my cheeks. His back was turned towards me, but I didn't have to see that he was angry. He was more than angry.

And this anger was directed to me.

"Keiran, if you could just listen-" I sobbed, cut off by his cold voice.

"Just stop, Cherilyn," he seethed, looking back at me with a glare. "Begging won't help."

I could tell he was trying to keep his voice leveled, though he wanted to scream at me. And that would be better.

I hated the cold tone in his voice, and the glare he pointed at me. He looked at me as if I was filth.

"I promise, Keiran," I pleaded, "I never did such a thing."

"And you still have the audacity to lie!" He finally shouted.

"I'm not!" I shouted back, since nothing I said would get through to him. "I didn't cheat. I promise I love you."

"I have evidence, Cherilyn!" He threw the pictures that were in his hand. "I have pictures, a video tape, and 2 witnesses! Do you think I'm stupid?"

"Keiran-"

"No." He said sharply. "How dare you cheat on me. Do I mean anything to you? Did anything we went through mean anything to you? All the 'I love you' 's, all of the sweet moments, all of the things I did for you? How could you still have the heart to cheat on me? Well, maybe you don't have a heart at all."

How could he accuse me of being heartless? He won't even let me explain myself!

"No, Keir," I said, calling him by his nickname in an attempt to soften him.

His face only hardened at the word.

"Only those I care about can call me that," he hissed. "And you aren't one of them."

"Please.." I pleaded. My tears had formed a small puddle under me, and it was only growing more with each drop that fell. I stood up and grasped onto his arms, turning him back to me. "Ple-"

My head was sent to the side the moment a sharp noise filled the room. I widened my eyes as I slowly looked back at him. He slapped me.

Keiran never raised a hand at me before.

"Get out!" He snapped. "And don't come back!" He pulled his arm from my hold.

A ringing suddenly sounded in my ears. My vision was blurry because of all the tears. He didn't say anymore, and instead left the room, shutting it close. I fell back on the ground and stared at the floor in a trance-like state.

It was over.

He hated me now, and it wasn't my fault.

So, I left. And he didn't stop me.