viii

Taehyung: I like you.

Y/n: Huh?

Taehyung: I-

Y/n: I heard you the first time.

You gulped in heavily. A sudden pang of uneasiness spread through your chest. It's alright if he liked you. You didn't have to reciprocate it but this thought itself churned something in your body. Did you reciprocate it? Um

Y/n: Thank you.

You didn't meet his eyes and putting a crêpe bandage on the shin of your left leg, you exited the changing room. You nervously exhaled and got in the match. The ball effortlessly slipped and came in your hands. Injuring a few defenders, you passed the ball.

Cheers, claps echoed in the court. Your gaze wandered all around, just to be caught with the particular dark grey ones on the bleachers. His face lightened up when you didn't give him a salty eye. He showed you a fist, in motivation.

It felt nice that someone was there to cheer, for you certainly. It made you feel happy. Your family didn't come to any of your matches because they'd always been busy. Shooting in the last basket, all your teammates came up, hugging you with all the energy they were left with.

You felt proud, proud of each one of them. You were pulled in when June came by running with her camera. The whole team waited as June smiled even more than any of the players. Cute bitch. Taehyung beside her, judged her immature photography skills. June mocked him as if he was a  mature photographer.

June came up to you and hugged you, your eyes glossed when Taehyung patted your shoulder, keeping his distance.

June: Aeee Y/n ahhh! Why cry, right now!

She wiped your tears with the hem of her sleeve. You bit your inner cheek containing in a sob. You were literally being a hopeless emotional wreck. June rubbed her hands with yours while Taehyung caressed your back. Shit you couldn't hold it in. You choked out a sob, hastily trying to wipe away all the tears and mucous.

You didn't know but you heard Damien giggling breathlessly at your state.

Damien: So much for that trophy and look at you now. Crying like a banshee.

June: Shut up okay!

June liked how Taehyung was too involved in keeping you warm that he didn't even notice Damien's presence. June and Damien smiled cheekily at eachother, knowingly. Taehyung also gulped in, blinking back the tears that formed at the corner of his eyes by looking at you weeping.

A few of your teammates came up to you, sharing the same overwhelmed feeling. Somehow calming you down, they brought you on the stage where the authorities gave you the huge golden trophy. You felt like you'd break with that trophy in hands. You broke out a huge grin.

Taehyung bounced a little when you gave him the same smile. Gosh he was so whipped. You couldn't possibly give a salty look to him at the moment at least... Maybe you just denied that you smiled at his presence.

The cheering from the public was deafening slowly but your smile didn't falter. You were happy after so long and his presence didn't ruin it.

_____

Taehyung smiled looking at the picture on his phone. He grazed his finger over the creases of your face, trying to wipe away the tears prickling despite of the blinding white smile. He was sure your smile was so contagious. He liked when butterfli- NO! Firecrackers burst in his stomach when you smiled at him, acknowledging his presence.

He was sitting on the compound wall of a bridge, his legs dangling in the air with momentary gushes of wind which brought a shade of crimson on his face. He flinched slightly hearing a voice calling him.

June: Taehyung! Don't die!

Taehyung: I'm not dying, silly.

He raked his hand on his face, looking back at this precious little being. June came carefully sitting beside him.

June: What is this big boy thinking?

He just shook his head, a smile still lingering on his lips.

June: Is this big boy thinking of my big girl?

Taehyung: Your big girl? I wonder if you think of my big boy...

June: Shut up! This was about you!

Taehyung: Hmm?

He hummed amusingly.

June: You like her hm?

Taehyung: Yeah...

June: She does too...

His head perked up

June: She has never had sex without she felt something for them.

He just blinked

June: She likes you, dumb!

Again firecrackers-

June: But-

Taehyung: But?!

June: Don't delay approaching her

Taehyung: What do you even mean?!

June: Derek is back in town...

Taehyung: Derek? Damien's big brother?

June: He's her ex. Not exactly but they just got distanced because of his tennis matches so they haven't officially broken up.

Taehyung: So...?

June: He'll obviously approach her! And you haven't made that much development for her to claim you in her feelings! Why the hell are you so slow huh?!

Taehyung: I'll see him.

June: He's hot, you know...

Taehyung: I'm so going to tell Damien.

June: You will if I don't push you in the river right now...

She smirked

Taehyung: yOu wIll dO shiT.

He imitated her and got off the wall. Derek...