Froyo Bogo

Jordan didn’t die. Apparently Kelsey just got home from her abuelita’s house. Kelsey wasn’t upset that I got Patrick to stab him, in fact she was kind of happy about it. Her words exactly were, “I’m glad you did it. He needed to be taught a lesson.” So even though he didn’t die, the knife went in so deep, that he had to go to the hospital. So I guess it was a win-win.

Anyway, Sean got fired from work for coming in high, so the money in the house has been a lot more tight than it already was. Brandon has a job at some stupid BBQ grill place, that doesn’t pay that much. Alana refuses to get a job. And she says that if she does get one, it’s gonna be at that lesbian bar. But you have to be 21 to work there. She’s 19. So the next best chance for this family, is if Andrew and I find a job to help with food shopping and the bills. So today, we’re scavenging around town to find a stupid job.

We have to look at least a little bit presentable if we want a job that doesn’t pay us shit. So I put on one of Alana’s purple blouses, along with some jeans and mascara. I put on my black beanie and make my way out of the door with Andrew.

“I’ll take Eastbound, you take west?” Andrew asks.

“Sure, yeah,” I say. “If you find a job that has two laces available, call me.”

“Same for me!”

I go left and Andrew goes right.
The first place I stop at is a small store on the corner of our street, called Go-Mart. There’s some small blonde boy at the counter.

“Can I help you with anything?” He asks.

“I need the manager,” I say. “Or whoever put out that ‘HELP WANTED’ sign on the door.”

“Barry!” He yells. “Someone here for the job!”

“What do you want?” Some guy asks, walking out of the back room. He looks at me and smiles while immediately looking at my boobs. “Why, hello, darling. Looking for a job here?”

“Hey, jackass,” I say. “My eyes are up here.” I take my resume off the counter and storm out the door.

“Wait up!” The blonde at the counter yells, chasing after me. “I’m sorry about Barry. He’s a perv.”

“I can see that,” I say, untying my bike from a post.

“Can I make it u to you?” The guy asks.

“How?”

“Uh, I’m Tyler.” He hands me a small strip of paper. “Call me sometime, maybe we can get a drink.”

I slip the paper into my pocket. “I’ll think about it.”

“You looking for a job?”

“I’m looking for money,” I get on my bike and tug a bit of hair into my beanie.

“I know a few places that are hiring. I can bring you around town.”

“Aren’t you working?”

“Yeah. But I’m actually supposed to be off today- I could just tell him I‘m taking my sick day.”

“You really wannna waste your sick day on me? I might stab you.”

He laughs. “I’ll be right back.” He goes back inside.

I don’t know why I’m waiting for this dweeb, I think. Well, he could get me a job. Wouldn’t that be rude to just use him for money? Oh, well, who cares?

Tyler comes walking back out with his coat.

“Ready?” He asks.

“Yeah, let’s go.”