Hair Pin

The thing about living in a small town is everyone knows about everyone' business. There's no such thing as secret in this town. For Yoon Jin Ah, it doesn't really concern her as she tries to live away from the spotlight since she's been here.

Jin Ah arrived in this town with her family five years ago after spending the first 12 years of her life in Athens, another small town in Georgia, United States. Their family was summoned home because Halmeoni was sick and there was a good possibility that she died.

But that wasn't her time to die because she is still living her best life until now. Jin Ah always thinks that was just one of the trick from her grandmother to gather her children.

The local secondary school was buzzed with the news of some newcomers in this new school year. Jin Ah never liked being in the light. She wanted to go through her school years in peace. Without drama.

God thought a little change in Jin Ah's life would be good for her as He introduced Yoo Jin Woo to her life.

Yoo Jin Woo was another newcomer in Jin Ah's class. The boy was tall and lean with faces pretty much idolized by their classmates. With all those attributes, school supposed to be easy for Yoo Jin Woo.

Except everyone knew who he was. And by everyone, that means everyone in this town. The gossip mill was turning faster when it was heard that a woman everyone called the former Miss Hamdeok would make her return to the town.

The last time the citizen saw Yoo Ae Ra, Jin Woo's mother, she left town with her bun in the oven. Which she conceived in her senior year of high school. It was not difficult to deduce who was the father of the baby, as Ae Ra was often seen with a certain Mayor's son.

The Mayor's son - now The Mayor - Min Tae San was busy that year, impregnated two women not so far between each other. With Yoo Ae Ra flew from town, Min Tae San married his second choice, Kim Mi Soo.

Now, his sons, both of them attended the same school.

Knowing Jin Woo was the bastard son of the Mayor, their classmates ran in the other directions. No one wanted to cross the legitimate son.

That left Jin Woo and Jin Ah to start their friendship naturally. "Can I sit here?" Jin Ah looked up to the lanky boy. She didn't say anything only slide her belonging away from the table. The corner table away from the crowd.

"I'm Yoo Jin Woo."

"I'm Yoon Jin Ah."

It didn't take long for them to be each other's confidant. Jin Woo always there when Jin Ah needed a company to the library. Jin Ah always available if Jin Woo needed company practicing his shot at nearby basketball court. Jin Ah's house was always the one Jin Woo visited after he encountered one of pranks from his half-brother and his entourage.

Five years in, their friendship has been tested time and again and they survive it all.

Well, almost. Senior year of highschool is looming over them. One more year and they plan to move out of town and experience the real world.

One more year, and they're free.

But if there's one saying that turns out to be true every time is this: it's not a senior year if there's no drama in it.

***

From outside, Min Tae Gu seems to have everything.

He's the Mayor's son, the legitimate one. The one who will someday inherit all of his father's worth. Which is a lot.

He's handsome, no one can deny that. He has good grades, except for English.

His girlfriend of two years is who everyone deems the most beautiful girl in school, Ha Chae Yoon. That's why he keeps her.