Luncheon

Min Tae Gu's cheeks are hurt after pretending to smile this whole afternoon. From the arrival of the first guess until his father makes the speech, he is required to stand beside his father; smile plastering his handsome face, no slouching, and no talking except the necessary 'Welcome to our house'.

This luncheon is held to celebrate the successful execution of the annual event and his father invites the most influential people in the town. Which includes many of his classmates' parents. A fact that he is really thankful for.

His bearing gets a little better when the familiar faces of his friends show up; Seo Joon Hee, Hong Dae Young, Go Woo Young, even Ha Chae Yoon and her best friend, Baek Jang Mi.

"You look dapper, Min Tae Gu." Jang Mi winks at him. Tae Gu smirks at Jang Mi's comment. He long knows that her ex-girlfriend's best friend has the hot for him. But Tae Gu knows better than to meddle in girl's friendship. The equal of Bros before Hoes and all that.

"How's that college guy from the festival, Jang Mi?" He asks innocently. Or at least he pretends to be. Jang Mi glares at him.

"How did you know about that?"

"The question is... how could I forget about that? You dumped Chae Yoon to my lap."

The smirk returns to her face. "Didn't you like it?"

Tae Gu rolls his eyes at her. "No. We broke up."

Jang Mi looks at him coyly. "So... you're single, now."

"Run along, Jang Mi-ah."

"Ugh, fine. You're always like that."

"What did I say the first time you made a pass at me?"

Jang Mi pouts remembering it. "I am forever a very dear friend of yours."

Tae Gu grins, "You will be forever a very dear friend of mine."

Jang Mi sneers and leaves at Tae Gu's booming laugh, leaving the young boy alone again in his spot.

He scans his surrounding and sighs. His day is evidently better with many of his friends here but that doesn't stop him from wishing someone is here.

Although he should've expected her answer in the first place.

***

"So, I was wrong." Jin Woo looks at his best friend on the sideline. They are at the basketball court doing their Saturday afternoon routine. Jin Ah looks up briefly from the book she is reading.

"About?"

"You and my brother."

"What about us?" Jin Ah asks nonchalantly. Her best friend has taken a lot of interest to her relationship with Min Tae Gu lately.

"I would've thought he invites you to his house. I hear The Mayor holds something this afternoon."

"What about you?" Jin Ah smirks knowing what his answer will be.

Jin Woo snorts. "I won't be there even if he invites me."

"You're so predictable. Did he invite anyone on the team?"

Jin Woo nods. "I don't think he invited them per se, I think it's just a given that their parents are friends. He apologized to me, though. Which was weird."

"Min Tae Gu is weird." Jin Ah mumbles but smiling. Jin Woo stops dribbling the ball and turns his way to Jin Ah.

"Weird in a bad way? In a good way?" He scrunches his nose. He can't continue being oblivious to their relationship when they all but showing it to him.