Key Chain

"No."

"Yes."

"No. Don't push it, Min Tae Gu." Jin Ah glares at her tutee in front of her. They're at the end of their weekend tutoring session and Tae Gu suggests something that doesn't compute with Jin Ah's mind.

"Why? It'll be fun."

"Everyone will be in that festival. And please, you won't be able to concentrate. It's a festival, not a place to study!"

"The next test is still 2 weeks away."

"Mr. Min, if you want to skip a session, it's fine by me."

Tae Gu knows now if Jin Ah uses his family name then that means she is really annoyed with him. But for the love of him, he can't stop teasing her.

He'll tease her until he gets to see that roll of her eyes. He lives for that these days.

"Miss Yoon, I never want to skip a session. My life depends on it. I'm merely suggesting that the venue of our study session can be of my choice this week."

"You choose the cafe in front of the city's library. We all know that's where the festival's center stage will be on this year."

"It's more because the ferris wheel is nearer."

"What ferris wheel?"

"You know, the big, round thing that goes round and round." Tae Gu makes a gesture with his index finger.

Jin Ah can't help but rolling her eyes at him and by the way he is smirking, she knows it has to be his plan all along.

Jin Ah has stopped herself from doing that rolling her eyes thing too much around him because she knows he does that to get a raise out of her. But she can't help it. He is good in riling her up.

"What I mean is, I haven't heard they bring back the ferris wheel."

Finally getting his fix for the day, Tae Gu scales down his tease and starts cleaning up the bench.

"Let me know if you change your mind. It'll be fun. We can have the study session on a school night if you fear everyone will be around on weekend."

Tae Gu stands up gingerly. As much as winning the game last night made him happy, probably he shouldn't push himself too hard. His right ankle is sore. He even choose to ask to be dropped here by his father's driver.

Now... he'll text him again to pick him up. Or...

"How did you get here?" Jin Ah looks up from putting her things to her bag.

"By bus. Why?"

"Is there a bus stop near my house?"

"From the mayor house? Let me check." Jin Ah sits back down on the bench and checks on her phone.

"It shows here there's one about 5 minute walks from your house." Jin Ah holds out her phone so that Tae Gu can see it for himself.

Tae Gu joins her on the bench and sees that the nearest bus stop is pretty near. He looks at his guarded ankle. 5 minutes walk should be okay, right?

Jin Ah witnesses this from her place across from him. Glancing a look at his feet, she repressed a smile seeing the ankle guard she bought for him strapped tightly on his ankle.

Ever since he stepped in the court for practice using those guard, her heart hasn't stopped its flutter. Add it with the way he seek her eyes and the not-so-subtle look he gave her when he netted their school's game winning shot, Jin Ah has to school her heart for a long two minutes before their session today.