2

Sohyun's POV

"Sohyun-ah! Eunwoo is waiting for you, what are you doing inside?" My mom started banging my room door.

"Mom I don't want to go to college today, tell him to go by himself" I shouted back. My mood was off, I didn't want to see his face and I am fed up with his lies.

"Aunty, let me" I heard his voice and it hurt me more. "Sohyun-ah! Open the door, we need to talk."

"I don't have anything to talk with you," I didn't want to talk with him.

"Okay then, I am leaving" he stated with stern voice.

I didn't want to talk with him neither did I want him to leave, "You can't leave until you tell me the reason for not showing up at my birthday." I knew the answer, he must have been with some other girl but I wanted him to deny.

He was still at the door when I peeped outside, "Sohyun-ah, I am really sorry. Last night mom was really sick so I couldn't come here. I wanted to text you but my phone was out of battery."

This made me feel guilty, "No, I am sorry, I didn't know about Aunty's health. Is she alright now? Is she in the hospital? Then I should go and visit her."

"No need, she got discharge" Eunwoo replied hurriedly that made me suspicious. "It wasn't serious, doctor discharged her in the morning and I came to you right after she was discharged." But the later sentence made me happy, for once I thought I was important for him.

He did seem a bit mess, his hairs would usually be styled at its best but today it was all ruffled and even his eyes seemed as if he didn't have any sleep.

"You must be hungry, maid must have made breakfast, go and have it, I will be down in a minute."

He obediently headed downstairs as I got back inside the room to get ready for college. I know Eunwoo have complicated family, his father is never home and his mother is sick but he is no less, he keeps on getting into troubles and usually I land up in the mess because of him.

I quickly picked a high waisted jeans and a crop top that goes perfectly with it. I went down the stairs to find Eunwoo who was busy with breakfast on the dining table, I took a sandwich from his plate and shouted, "LETS GO, WE WILL BE LATE"

In no time we were inside college campus and as usual there were lots of girls gathered around our car. I got out of the car only to get mobbed by those girls around. "Sohyun-ah, are you alright?" Eunwoo rushed towards me while those girls acted innocent. He then led me towards the class, for a moment I felt as if I was the main lead in a drama. But my happiness was short lived when we met Irene in front of the corridor.

"Good morning, Eunwoo" Irene greeted completely ignoring my presence.

"Good morning, Beauty" Eunwoo's was showing his best smile and it would be a lie if I say I wasn't jealous.
"Thank you for being with me yesterday, I promise it was the best night in my life." Irene spoke looking at me. While Eunwoo gave me a guilty smile, he lied to me again and there I was thinking that he came to me as soon as his mother got discharged. I walked towards the class leaving him with his so called girlfriend. From the corner of my eyes I saw him trying to follow me but Irene caught him by his hand and started clinging to him.

Just then a guy whom I have never seen came in front of me, I admit he had a cute face and the thin framed glass on him made him look more like a nerd, "He..llo; I am ... Kim Minjae...I want to say I really like you." He stuttered in the beginning and then spoke whole line without breathing; he even took out a rose and gave it to me.

I took it from him and said, "Thank you, but..." before I could complete Eunwoo appeared in front of me and snatched the rose from me and handed it back to the boy, "Sohyun-ah, are you blind? How can you accept his flower and you..." he then turned to the boy, "Get the hell out of my sight and never show your face in front of us" The boy vanished in no time but I felt guilty and to be exact it was anger. "It was rude Eunwoo, really rude. He just gave me a flower and you have no right to say anything to him."

"But Sohyun-ah," this time I didn't let him complete, "You lied to me again, you said you were with your mom whole night right? It would not have hurt me this much if you told me the truth."

"Yes, I lied and do you want to know why I lied to you, it's because I know that you will react like this and let me remind you, you are not like those girls I have dated because you are my friend, best friend and you are important to me and I don't want you to get mad on me."

"you mean you lied to me because of me?"

"No I didn't mean to say that"

"But what you said earlier meant that" he didn't say anything as I continued "You miss my birthday because I am important for you, okay I understand, you and your empty promises." We were so lost in our argument that we forgot about our surrounding, it was when Irene pulled Eunwoo by his arms and said, "Clam down". He pushed her and walked towards the class while I walked towards the rooftop, obviously to cry.

A lot of things were running in my mind, the promise he made that we will get married and live happily hovered around my mind. I could no longer hold my tears and started running as I didn't want anyone to see me weak, on the way I dashed with some stranger but I had no time to apologize.