Sohyun's POV

After lunch I needed to talk to Eunwoo, I took him to our usual place the rooftop. I took a long breath and spoke, "Cha Eunwoo we need to talk"

"Don't call me that, it scares me" He was still making fun of the situation.

But I continued, "I am serious, we really need to talk. Today I realized that we have grown up, I thought no matter how much we grow or how much the time passes, we will remain same as be. Our priorities would be each other as it was in the past but now, I realize that nothing is permanent. We will change with time even if I keep on standing on that same place, there is no guarantee that we will be remain unchanged."

"Nothing has changed Sohyun-ah, you are still precious for me and no one can take that place of yours. I admit that it was my mistake that I forgot your birthday but I swear I would have chosen you over Irene" I could hear that he was serious but now, I could understand that we never walked in the same direction I never wanted to be an option.

"I am glad to hear this but I am really sorry about what I did, I know I am just your friend so I should just keep on being it. However, I have crossed the limit, I will never act like this again."

"What does that mean? Do you want to stop being friends with me?" He questioned me.

"No, I don't mean that, we are JUST BEST FRIENDS, so I am trying to clear my own misunderstandings. I think for a long time I have been living in this misunderstanding. Eunwoo, I want to tell you a secret, I have been always waiting for you to return, I always watched your back and thought one day you will realize that this stupid friend of yours likes you. But I think I am waiting for you in vain so today I officially end 18 years of liking you. I know I would not be able to do this at once but I will try my best. We can be just friends." This time a drop of tear rolled down my cheeks and I was fast enough to wipe it without his notice. I could clearly see that he was confused.

"I am not feeling well, I am leaving" If I stay there for a second more, I was for sure going to cry so I walked out of the scene. The memories came flashing,

Author's POV

FLASHBACK

"Please let me go, I am scared of darkness" a small girl was crying inside a small dark room. She was in complete mess, the food in front of her was untouched.

"Will you eat the food or will you stay in the dark room for another hour" A man with stern voice shouted from outside. He then banged the door open; the little girl could barely open her eyes as she was blinded by the sudden light. He took her to another room and said "Eat this, I will let you go after you father pays me money" She could not see his face as he was wearing a mask but could definitely sense his smirk when he mentioned about the money, he gave her a burger. She was so scared that she could only follow what he said.

"Sohyun-ah, mommy and daddy will come back immediately after the finishing the meeting okay, you need to listen to the nanny and don't cause problem for her" she could clearly remember her mother's word while leaving for the business trip. She never thought that this would happen, and it is uncertain whether she will be able to see her parents or not.

On the other hand, a young boy heard a cry of a girl when he was walking past his hideout which was next to an old house. He placed his head towards the wall to hear better and he was clever enough to know that the girl was in trouble. He was quick enough to find a window, he peeped through it and saw a man with a little girl forcing her to eat burger. He wanted to jump inside and help her, but he knew that with his capacity he can't beat that man, so he waited for the man to leave the room. As soon as the man left the room, he slowly knocked the window. The first knock went unheard as the girl was really scared. He knocked a bit harder; she quickly shifted her gaze towards the window and saw a familiar boy. 

He knew every corner of the warehouse as he was always around it, he took advantage of the absence of the man and quickly pulled her up from the window. He held her hand and they ran as fast as they could. Till they arrived police station where the officers helped her to call her parents and even the kidnapper was arrested. 

" Thank you very much, I will forever be grateful to you. I am Kim Sohyun, Friends" The small girl lend him her small hand.

" You are welcome pretty girl. My name is Eunwoo, Cha Eunwoo." The boy also brought his hand forward to accept the friendship.

Something flickered in Sohyun's eyes that made her never forget nor refuse him. Was it puppy love, I don't think so. It was first love for her, her unforgettable love.