Part 2

It was surprisingly brisk for a summer night in Monaco. Luckily I had grabbed the right jacket before we had left my apartment. Daniel had shown me the path along the water he liked to run on. It really was beautiful at night. Something about being near the water just calmed me. We had walked along the path and found a place to sit and chatted there for a while.

"Ready to go?" Daniel asked me, starting to get up.
"Yeah. So what's this surprise place you want to show me?" I responded, taking hold of his outstretched hand to help me up. I quickly brushed myself off as we had been sitting on the stone wall, our legs dangling over the side just above the water.
"Well if I tell you now then it's not a surprise is it?" He smirked, leading us back toward the apartment building. I playfully shoved him in response.

As we neared our building I started to get really confused. He quickly caught on. "We have to drive there. My car or yours? Wait do you even have a car here?" He laughed as he remembered that I had taken a taxi from the airport earlier today.

"Not yet. I think it's getting here later this week, hopefully" I responded as I continued to follow him through the garage. That was when I had noticed what the other residents drive here. Nothing but extremely expensive sports cars and luxury vehicles, some I don't think I'd ever even heard of.

"Oh my god my car is gonna stick out like a sore thumb here" I laughed as Daniel slowed down when he reached his car, a beautiful blue mclaren. He looked at me, seeing I had noticed all the vehicles and joined in on my laughter while getting into the drivers seat.

"What do you drive?" He asked me as I sat down in the passenger seat and he started the engine.
"Oh this could be fun, what do you think I drive?" I asked him playfully as I put on my seatbelt.
He looked at me and then focused back on the road as we pulled out onto the street. He pursed his lips and narrowed his eyes, clearly thinking very hard.
"A Ute" he answered confidently, seemingly very proud of his answer.

My eyes widened not knowing what that was. "What the hell is a ute?" I looked at him, trying to suppress a giggle.

He chuckled "sorry, a truck. It's Aussie slang".
"Oh ok! Yeah no, definitely not a truck" I shook my head, laughing at the thought of tiny me driving a giant truck, especially around these streets.
"I give up, just tell me" he put on his turn signal and slowed down for the red light.

"A Chevy Cruze. A bright blue one" I answered confidently.
He laughed loudly. "Yeah that's gonna stick out here for sure. Not a bad car though. Pretty standard American vehicle right?" He asked, starting to go when the light turned green.

"Yeah it's pretty typical I think. Oh god that's not even the best part though. It has a massive decal on the side of the Bills logo in a slightly darker blue". I gestured with my hands showing just how big I was talking here.

He looked at me for a second with an expression I couldn't really read. I took it to mean that he didn't know what I meant by 'Bills logo' so I clarified. "Oh sorry, the Buffalo Bills, it's an American football team" I said hoping that cleared it up.

"No I know what it is, I love the Bills!" he laughed "are you from Buffalo?" He was genuinely curious as he kept driving, taking us further away from the city.
"Yeah I am. Born and raised" I smiled at him. "I can't believe you like the Bills, I didn't think anyone here even watched American football. Small world" I more so said the last bit to myself in disbelief.

"Well I've never actually been to a game but I've wanted to go for a while now. Just feel like I could get behind the vibes there" he shrugged his shoulders. "Plus Josh is a pretty cool guy. He's been wanting me to come to a game for a while now". My eyes definitely bugged out of my head at that.
"You know Josh Allen?!" I looked at him and my jaw dropped.