Part 7

I don't know exactly what goes on for the Monaco GP so I kinda made some things up, creative freedom haha. So yeah, hope you enjoy! It's another long chapter.

October 2021 - 4 months in Monaco

It was now a few days since Dan's family got here. We'd all been hanging out, going to local shops or walking along the water. Just relaxing and enjoying each other's company. But today was Thursday and as Dan had told me previously, that meant it was media day. So he had to be at the track early and I was currently entertaining his family in my apartment. Michelle and Grace were out on the balcony enjoying the view with Isaac while Joe and Adam were inside watching tv.

"Amy look!" Isaac held up the piece of paper he was drawing on to show me as I stepped outside to let them know lunch was ready. It was a bunch of little stick people, all slightly unique.

"Oh wow look at that!" I said excitedly, knowing how proud he was of his drawing. "Is that your family?"

"Yeah!" He smiled really big and started to point at each person as I sat down and pulled him onto my lap. "That's me and mom and dad and grandpa and grandma and you and uncle Danny" he looked back up at me after naming all of the people, his little face just beaming with pride.

I looked down at the drawing again and sure enough, there I was, standing next to Grace with Daniel's arm around me. "I'm part of your family?" I asked him.

He smiled and nodded at me excitedly. "Uncle Danny told me you don't have your family anymore so you can be part of mine" he explained as he handed the drawing to me. Michelle and Grace exchanged a worried look at what Isaac just said.

"Hey let's get you some lunch little man" Michelle said as she grabbed Isaac's hand and took him back inside. Grace sat down next to me and placed her hand on my forearm.

"I'm sorry I didn't realize he was drawing that" she smiled kindly at me. "He is right though, you're welcome in our family any time dear. I can't even imagine what losing your parents like that feels like".

"Thank you, I really appreciate that. And it's ok, it was a while ago now. And this is really sweet" I gestured to the drawing, laughing a little. She laughed with me and we both walked inside.

Everyone was grabbing some lunch off the counter. I walked around the counter to pin the drawing to the front of my fridge with a magnet. I turned around to see Isaac smiling a mini version of Dan's smile at me. I winked at him and grabbed some food for myself.

The rest of the day we spent playing together. At one point Michelle and Grace wanted to go do some shopping so I offered to keep Isaac busy. Joe and Adam also went out for a bit. Everyone agreed to be home by dinner time. Isaac and I had a blast. He was such a fun little kid.

We played some board games and painted and eventually he wanted to watch a movie. I was very thankful for that because I had severely underestimated the amount of energy this kid had. We snuggled up on the couch with a blanket and the next thing I knew, my eyes were getting heavy. I think I only made it 30 minutes into the film before falling asleep with Isaac snuggled up in my arms.

~~~~~

"Amy" I felt someone gently shaking my shoulder. I opened my eyes to see Michelle in front of me, holding a still sleeping Isaac in her arms. I hadn't even felt her pick him up.

"Hey" I said a bit groggy, sitting up. "We must've fell asleep" I laughed a little.

"Yeah it's ok, he wears everyone out eventually. Dinner is almost ready. We're eating across the hall. Just come over when you're ready" she smiled at me and I nodded. She left the apartment with Isaac and I walked into my bedroom to change into some cleaner clothes as mine had a bit of paint on them from earlier.