Part 4

"You look beautiful by the way" Daniel said as he sat down where only a few minutes ago my date had been.

"I'm wearing half of dinner" I scoffed, clearly he was still trying to get back in my good graces.

"Oh sorry, let me try that again," he cleared his throat before giving me the cheesiest grin "Amy, forget about being a snack, you look like a whole damn meal". He had gotten up off the stool and made it around the counter next to me when he said that in a very seductive tone.

I set the plate down on the counter and looked at him, eyes wide. Trying to stifle a laugh I said "what the hell?" I chuckled at his compliment, not able to hold it in now.

He just shrugged his shoulders. "I'm trying to make up for scaring your date away".

"By being my back up douchey date?" I laughed as I continued to plate up the spaghetti for us.

"By making you laugh" he replied as he wiped off some sauce that was still on the side of my face with his finger and put it in his mouth. "Mmm that's really good"

"Hey!" I swatted him away, trying not to laugh again but dammit if this guy didn't know just how to make me do that. You'd think we had known each other for years by now. "Here just take your plate" I held it out to him.

But instead he shook his head and quickly wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into him by my side and proceeded to lick a massive glob of sauce off the side of my face as I laughed and tried to pull away from him.

"Daniel!" I tried to pull away but he just kept a tight grip on me and continued to grab little bits of sauce off of me with his mouth. I was laughing so hard at this point my stomach started to hurt. "Daniel Lick-iardo!!" I got out between breaths of laughter.

He froze, still having his arms around my waist "what did you call me?" He pulled back slowly to look at my face.

"Daniel Lick-iardo" I teased quietly, still laughing slightly.

He scoffed at my sudden confidence. "Call me that one more time" he narrowed his eyes, daring me to say it again.

I turned to face him. "Daniel. Lick-iardo." I punctuated every bit, just to push his buttons further. And to really drive it home, I promptly flung a little bit of spaghetti sauce at him.

He flinched for a millisecond as it landed perfectly next to his mouth. He wiped it off with his hand and looked at it, then back at me. Oh shit now I've done it I thought.

He seemed to be thinking about his response. Finally he chuckled lowly "As much as I would love to continue this little food fight, I would feel very bad if I ruined that dress, especially after ruining your date with Jake" he grabbed the plate from me and walked back around the counter to the barstool. "Also I had a pretty big favor to ask of you tonight. Well, before I ruined your night" he looked at my shyly.

I sat down next to him and put my hand on his shoulder. "His name was Jack. And you didn't ruin my night. Honestly I don't even know why I agreed to a date with him. He was kind of dull to be honest," I chuckled a little, somewhat still feeling bad for the guy. "What's the favor you wanted to ask me?" I started to twirl some spaghetti onto my fork.

"Do you remember how I told you about the Monaco GP? Like how big it is?" I nodded, not wanting to talk with my mouth full. "Well my family is coming to visit that weekend. My parents and my sister and her family" he said, fiddling with the plate on his food.

"Wow that's great! You haven't seen them in a while right?" I asked after swallowing my food. I was really happy for him. He'd told me about his family and how he missed his nephew especially.